Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
I went to the local Devialet shop today and paid for the exchange.
They will deliver the Gold on Wednesday and at the same time receive the Silver.
In my room it is the holy grail

I never had something better and a had a lot and a lot more expensive!

It is great
(07-Oct-2017, 10:00)Waldstorch Wrote:
(07-Oct-2017, 08:34)Johnnydev Wrote:
(07-Oct-2017, 00:43)dpham8 Wrote: Hello,

I just did the same exchange/upgrade with my Phantom Silver.  Initially, I was put off by the process as well.  However, I called support and they assured me that the Golds will ship once I shipped the Silvers back (not received since I had to shipped back to Paris).  I will updated once I have the Golds.  Hopefully, the Golds will be worth the extra $3K premium.

I think you will be happy. Let us no
Got my Silver picked up on Wednesday and received the Gold yesterday. Incredible fast. The improvement in mids and trebbles is huge and worth the money. Will test ls50 wireless parallel at home.

I would be interested in the result of the test Phantoms Gold/KEF LS 50 Wireless . Perhaps I will take some LS 50 Wireless instead of spend a lot of money for the upgrade White Phantoms to gold Phantoms.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
KEF: more fluid and better mids.
Golds: more powerful, bigger soundstage, more live character.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Took a trip to my local dealer [still warm Silvers with a little bass bin damage, never touch those] All good, paid the upgrade price for a pair ouch! Wow, awesome, incredible, the difference is in my opinion massive, more volume, much  much more and the mids and treble totally enhanced. If you can afford the upgrade, lets face it who doesn't want it louder and better sounding.
(10-Oct-2017, 19:22)Funky Phantom Wrote: Took a trip to my local dealer [still warm Silvers with a little bass bin damage, never touch those] All good, paid the upgrade price for a pair ouch! Wow, awesome, incredible, the difference is in my opinion massive, more volume, much  much more and the mids and treble totally enhanced. If you can afford the upgrade, lets face it who doesn't want it louder and better sounding.

Louder? Are you deaf, or do you live in a nightclub?? Wink

Better? Indeed that is what is tempting me so much!!! 

I just wish they still had silver woofers and sides....
(10-Oct-2017, 19:22)Funky Phantom Wrote: Took a trip to my local dealer [still warm Silvers with a little bass bin damage, never touch those] All good, paid the upgrade price for a pair ouch! Wow, awesome, incredible, the difference is in my opinion massive, more volume, much  much more and the mids and treble totally enhanced. If you can afford the upgrade, lets face it who doesn't want it louder and better sounding.

And also the bass is tighter and better
Received my Gold by Devailet today.
What a different sound vs the Silver. So much better - worth the money.
My remote also works better with the Gold. It responds immediately and the working distance has improved too.
(10-Oct-2017, 07:38)Elztalbiker Wrote: KEF: more fluid and better mids.
Golds: more powerful, bigger soundstage, more live character.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

But are the Golds worth the extra charge (in comparison to the KEF LS 50 wireless, I could nearly get them in exchange with my white Phantoms) ? The extra charge for the Gold upgrade is more expensive than new KEFs...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Golds are a drastic enhancement... i wasn't able to hear it because of devialet's lame auditorium in Paris.
Once installed in my house i was surprised how much better they were...