Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
Incidentally, is anyone else from DC planning to attend this event...? If so, I'll look forward to meeting there.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(23-Jun-2019, 12:21)thumb5 Wrote:
(23-Jun-2019, 11:47)Confused Wrote: ...
OK - The possibilities might be "endless", but other than AXD, they have not really started yet.

Ha ha - never a truer word!

(23-Jun-2019, 11:47)Confused Wrote: This perhaps leads to another question for your list; Other than the existing Active X crossover, what else is planned for the Devialet Expert Pro DSP?

As I mentioned in a past post, I would like the internal DSP to include an "anti-clinical" feature, maybe adding a touch of harmonic distortion to "warm up" some of thin sounding recording that exist, particularly on earlier CD's.  You could have a variety DSP selections to suit every genre and every form of dodgy mastering.  I am not sure how Mathieu Pernot would react to that one though!  I love the idea of reviewers stating that an Expert Pro sounds very accurate, but maybe a little cold and clinical in comparison with some rivals, but when selecting the harmonic distortion DSP, it sounds warm, organic and extracts the emotion from the music, much better.

Well, I can certainly add this to the list.  My guess is that this might fall into the same bag as room correction: it would be great in principle but "too much like hard work" (my words of course).

That said, if Devialet would adopt @ogs's excellent suggestion of implementing a "digital effects loop" one could plug in external DSP boxes to achieve this effect.  I realise this might be a sad waste of the DSP capabilities of the CI, of course...

Actually, this makes me think of a slightly different question.  The original Expert had DSP capabilities within the Evo platform, SAM, ICM and so on, how does the new DSP capability in the Core Intelligence board compare or differ?

(I hope your list is not getting too long Ian.....) Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Good morning ladies and gents,

Apologies for our absence while we wish we could spend more time on the forums like we used to, with Jon away from the shop, its tough to find spare time in the store.
We've taken onboard your feedback in particular Ian's and would very much appreciate if you could compile a list of questions for Mathieu so that he can prepare the very best and most useful answers that he can.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience and we hope to see lots of you on the day!

Loose lips sink ships, so Devialet have learnt not to tell us anything and we hope as much as you do that they have some surprises in store for us on the day.

With kind regards

Alasdair (and Dun)
Hello Alasdair,

I'll publish the questions I've accumulated from the forum within the next couple of days.

Looking forward to the event!

Ian
Warwickshire, UK
(23-Jun-2019, 12:23)thumb5 Wrote: Incidentally, is anyone else from DC planning to attend this event...?  If so, I'll look forward to meeting there.

Yes, I will be there.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Excellent, see you there!
Warwickshire, UK
NOTE: this post is no longer updated; follow this link for updates.

Questions for Mathieu from the forum, in no particular order:

0) What's the roadmap for the Expert series?  What do Devialet have planned to use the capabilities of the CI more fully?

1) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the problems with Roon (RAAT) over Gb Ethernet?

2) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the problems (with the configurator?) that can cause high-volume distortion when SAM is enabled?  See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-DOS-2-2-4.

3) What's the schedule for completing full internally-hosted configuration (this was said to be on the schedule last summer, next priority after Roon Ready support)?

4) It would be very helpful to have a digital "effects loop" i.e. digital output from the selected input, looped through a digital processor to digital input to the ADH section.  For example this would allow room correction by external hardware, in the absence of RC done by the Expert's DSP.  Please comment on the possibility of implementing that.

5) Apart from AXD, what other new capabilities/uses are planned for the Expert Pro's DSP?  (For example: room correction, parametric EQ.)

6) What plans are there to support MQA directly in the Expert?

7) Please confirm the R/C loading for both MM and MC cartridges in the 120 and 130 (not advanced) phono stage.

8) What's the status of an updated Devialet app (iphone, android, etc...) that provides all the display and full functionality of the Remote?

9) When is Airplay 2 coming, and any plans for Tidal native?

10) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the configurator problem whereby in dual mono configurations, some settings (balance, treble, bass) only take effect on the master, and not on the companion? See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-dual-mono.

11) What is finally the new team setup (many former people in charge of important roles left) and priority of Expert line within Devialet?

If I've missed anything or there are any "late entries", please let me know and I'll edit this post accordingly to try and keep it all in one place.

Thanks!
Warwickshire, UK
-- What's the status of an updated Devialet app (iphone, android, etc...) that provides all the display and full functionality of the Remote?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thanks @mdconnelly, duly added.
Warwickshire, UK
When is Airplay 2 coming, and any plans for Tidal native?
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable