Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE IS FINALLY HERE!
(05-Feb-2016, 14:20)Johnnydev Wrote:
(05-Feb-2016, 13:32)sekriT Wrote: Hey Devialet, where is the NAS connectivity?  Please stop drinking wine in the afternoon and write some codes!!

With a good glass of wine. You get Nice music

Relax

Johnnydev, I am drinking my wine and relaxing.  

Are you working for Devialet since you are defending the company?  

NAS is the most important feature for audiophiles that is missing not Spotify!! 

Here is a screenshot from December 2014 white paper.   It says "Based on the EVO platform, DIALOG will integrate more and more music streaming services natively, multichannel audio decoding, UPnP compatibility to access music from NAS devices, and much more…"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(05-Feb-2016, 16:07)sekriT Wrote: Here is a screenshot from December 2014 white paper.   It says "Based on the EVO platform, DIALOG will integrate more and more music streaming services natively, multichannel audio decoding, UPnP compatibility to access music from NAS devices, and much more…"

They say that they will implement it, but your expectation when this will happen does not match with their development roadmap Wink

BTW under the devices section my phantoms are specified to be connected via PLC. If they run purely with PLC (and they work flowless) it would be nice if the DIALOG would switch off the two WLANs (2,5 and 5,0 GHz).

What are your connection types shown in the devices section of SPARK?

Cheers,

Krisp
I have not upgraded yet, hence the maybe stupid question, but do i require the dialog to get spotify?
Following this link it should be available whitout, but i guess this is wrong?
http://en.devialet.com/phantom/discover#dialog/

Best regards Lars
(05-Feb-2016, 18:11)Gaustabl Wrote: I have not upgraded yet, hence the maybe stupid question, but do i require the dialog to get spotify?

Best regards Lars

I am seeing only one new device in Spotify, so my guess is that you need a Dialog.
(05-Feb-2016, 18:07)Krisp Wrote:
(05-Feb-2016, 16:07)sekriT Wrote: Here is a screenshot from December 2014 white paper.   It says "Based on the EVO platform, DIALOG will integrate more and more music streaming services natively, multichannel audio decoding, UPnP compatibility to access music from NAS devices, and much more…"

They say that they will implement it, but your expectation when  this will happen does not match with their development roadmap Wink

BTW under the devices section my phantoms are specified to be connected via PLC. If they run purely with PLC (and they work flowless) it would be nice if the DIALOG would switch off the two WLANs (2,5 and 5,0 GHz).

What are your connection types shown in the devices section of SPARK?  

Cheers,

Krisp

After this update, I saw that dialog is streaming to phantoms via ethernet. Wifi is not reliable in my house. 

Expert series already have the NAS connectivity.  When I called the customer service 4 months ago, they said they don't know when the NAS will come.  USB input was supposed to be released already.  No luck on USB either.  Honestly, how difficult it can be?
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Spotify works really well! The first time gapless playing live concerts on the Phantoms without need of external streamer or CD player through optical input. Would be nice when the other sources would play gapless as well, specifically Qobuz, Tidal or local files that are lossless or hires. Please Devialet work on it. It can't be that difficult.
(05-Feb-2016, 18:13)dmitrek Wrote:
(05-Feb-2016, 18:11)Gaustabl Wrote: I have not upgraded yet, hence the maybe stupid question, but do i require the dialog to get spotify?

Best regards Lars

I am seeing only one new device in Spotify, so my guess is that you need a Dialog.

No you don't need a dialog, I am listening on a single Phantom right now.
(05-Feb-2016, 19:45)nigelb001 Wrote:
(05-Feb-2016, 18:13)dmitrek Wrote:

Best regards Lars

No you don't need a dialog, I am listening on a single Phantom right now.

Ok, thank you, i will try the upgrade over the weekend then!
Best regards Lars
I appreciate it that Spotify Connect is now supported and even without Dialog.
The thing is that I recently subscribed to Apple Music.
Is there any chance we will see Apple Music supported in the near future?
Or should I switch to Spotify?
Right now I stream Apple Music via bluetooth but that is just so much worse.
-chris.
What's PLC connection means?