Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE IS FINALLY HERE!
(05-Feb-2016, 21:34)Dimsyboy Wrote: What's PLC connection means?
Power Line Connection I guess (uses the AC power line).

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(05-Feb-2016, 20:09)streifl Wrote: I appreciate it that Spotify Connect is now supported and even without Dialog.
The thing is that I recently subscribed to Apple Music.
Is there any chance we will see Apple Music supported in the near future?
Or should I switch to Spotify?
Right now I stream Apple Music via bluetooth but that is just so much worse.
-chris.

I emailed Devialet over Christmas to ask about their planned support for Apple Music. Received this response:
'Thanks for your message. 

We are working to get more and more plateform compatible in our system. As you can imagine Apple Music is one of our priority because of our new partnership with Apple but also because this is a plateform well known by our customer.
I can't provide you a precise timeline, but we are expecting this make this happen as soon as possible before second half of 2016.'
Wouldn't it be better they connecting via Ethernet?. Wow!! I wasn't aware they have poweline capabilities.
(06-Feb-2016, 00:36)Dimsyboy Wrote: Wouldn't it be better they connecting via Ethernet?. Wow!! I wasn't aware they have poweline capabilities.

It is the same as ethernet but without untidy cabling Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

PLC can be better than WiFi but can't approach the bandwidth of Ethernet. However the Phantom can use all three so why choose when you can have them all?
It's weird my Spark still says 1.4.0 after the update?

I have Spotify connect now - but can't find any info about the chosen connection method (wifi or Plc)

Removed and reinstalled Spark - still says 1.4.0 (11/12/2015)

Weird?
Got hold of support - spark update is only on laptops / macs

Will follow on iOS / android shortly

Now I have Spotify and can get rid of my Bluetooth adapter - if stability improves even further now it will be close to perfection for me

I rarely have to reset them now since the previous update - but even less often will be even better Smile
(06-Feb-2016, 15:22)Jamington2004 Wrote: It's weird my Spark still says 1.4.0 after the update?

I assume that you are using an iOS device?

I have been on 1.4.2 since yesterday on three Windows 10 PC and three Android phones but my iPad 3 still has 1.4.0 too.
This is likely because Apple hasn't cleared 1.4.2 for general release on the App Store yet.

If they are useful to you, here are direct links to 1.4.2 for Widows and OSX:
(06-Feb-2016, 16:46)EvPa Wrote:
(06-Feb-2016, 15:22)Jamington2004 Wrote: It's weird my Spark still says 1.4.0 after the update?

I have been on 1.4.2 since yesterday on three Windows 10 PC and three Android phones but my iPad 3 still has 1.4.0 too.
This is likely because Apple hasn't cleared 1.4.2 for general release on the App Store yet.

Thanks - but I only ever use my phone so will have to wait for that
(06-Feb-2016, 17:52)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(06-Feb-2016, 16:46)EvPa Wrote:

Thanks - but I only ever use my phone so will have to wait for that

Since Devialet issued the update on a Friday there is little chance that the iOS version will be approved for distribution before Monday.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire