Poll: Which is your preferred UPnP control point?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Audirvana
16.82%
18 16.82%
JRiver
12.15%
13 12.15%
Kazoo
5.61%
6 5.61%
mConnect
8.41%
9 8.41%
BubbleUPnP
13.08%
14 13.08%
MediaMonkey
0.93%
1 0.93%
Synology MediaPlayer
2.80%
3 2.80%
Other
40.19%
43 40.19%
Total 107 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP control point survey
(02-May-2018, 19:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: Devialet already know that RAAT is the most important thing and I am sure they will deliver this. They've seen this for example: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3943

This survey is very specific to UPnP, which is part of the CI feature set after all. I think it's refreshing that they are engaging with the DC community and want to know which CPs people prefer.

I can understand the frustration but this is surely a step in the right direction and should be applauded. 

Guillaume

I am sure lots of Devialet users use UPnP and will be happy that it now is available in their amps, but maybe not here at DC. Those who come here know more than average about what to use and UPnP does not seem to be 'it'. So Devialet, a bit late? Anyway the survey will probably serve its purpose for them
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
"Other" for me, since I have no interest in UPnP support.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I use UPnP to stream from my Synology NAS to both my Phantoms upstairs and my Experts downstairs. A few little niggles bit I'm loving the vibrant and full sound I'm getting.

I use an iPad with either 8player, glider or Synology's own DS audio app.

Its actually my preferred listening at present, to the point I'm seriously considering a p/x with the N10 for an upgrade on the speakers. Hopefully a listen to the Wilson Sabrina and Magico A3
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Use bubble uPnP as recommended by Devialet. Works a treat.

I used to mainly use an Auralic Aries with external PSU. The CI board made that overkill and I now use an Aries Mini (also with external PSU) and a 1TB SSD inside it. CI seems to have improved usb and external reclocking seems to be of no added benefit. Also had an Intona reclocker, now removed. Devialet told me they use an Aries Mini in-house as well, good enough for them good enough for me.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(04-May-2018, 20:37)ogs Wrote:
(02-May-2018, 19:45)GuillaumeB Wrote: Devialet already know that RAAT is the most important thing and I am sure they will deliver this. They've seen this for example: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3943

This survey is very specific to UPnP, which is part of the CI feature set after all. I think it's refreshing that they are engaging with the DC community and want to know which CPs people prefer.

I can understand the frustration but this is surely a step in the right direction and should be applauded. 

Guillaume

I am sure lots of Devialet users use UPnP and will be happy that it now is available in their amps, but maybe not here at DC. Those who come here know more than average about what to use and UPnP does not seem to be 'it'. So Devialet, a bit late? Anyway the survey will probably serve its purpose for them

I consider myself an average user and Devialet seem very much focused on the average user. I've been in touch with them quite a lot by email and phone about the betas, and they always ask me if I'm still using and enjoying uPnP. My kids enjoy throwing spotify at it.

One of the problems with the software is that their goal seems to be to be able to auto-detect anything thrown at it, which is clearly not easy and has some unforeseen results. So I'm not sure people who "know more than average about what to use" is Devialet's general concept. My 5 year old son showed me how to use Apple OSX. I think that's what they're aiming at.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Thanks for all the responses everyone! Keep them coming!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
“Other” because I don’t use upnp.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
There should be nothing wrong taking care of several kinds of users. Devialet is promoting their products at audiophiles, and the critique mainly comes from the audiophile community as Devialet is not delivering. There is nothing wrong with UPnP, but Devialet should have implemented it 5 years ago. Then they would have been in front and most of the inconsistencies with UPnP dealt with. With the new CI board they've even managed to f*** up AIR that Roon helped them get working. CI is turning in to another AIR story....
Sorry for pulling the thread OT!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Jriver
@ssfas my experience is a bit different than yours it seems. The CI has made an overall improvement due to (most likely) better clocking. I still have better sound quality via the Mutec re-clocker than direct. Similar to @Confused, but he also uses the REF10 clock from Mutec in his setup.
I am going to try UPnP soon just to know how it performs. One never knows....
Devialetless!