Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?
But how? I installed now Kazoo server (Oh compatible, and works after esting with foobar). But Kazoo app stilll only searching Linn device and won't let to do anything else.
(03-Nov-2019, 21:20)suur13 Wrote: But how? I installed now Kazoo server (Oh compatible, and works after esting with foobar). But Kazoo app stilll only searching Linn device and won't let to do anything else.

You need to install a service / app on your server which propagates OpenHome (which is what Linn Kazoo and Lumin use) in addition to the UpNp server. OpenHome has several advantages vs. standard UPnP. I recommend using Bubble UPnP for that purpose. It seems more stable than the OpenHome app. Both are free. In the Linn Kazoo app you then have to select the "room" you want to use. One advantage is that you can use your server to stream local files but also e.g. Tidal and Qobuz as Linn Kazoo and Lumin are only control point apps. This basically means there is no back and forth with the streaming signal. Pretty much like with Dialog and Spark before.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(03-Nov-2019, 23:28)seb Wrote: I recommend using Bubble UPnP for that purpose.
Using BubbleUPnP Server... Most people use BubbleUPnP to refer to the Android App which works as a UPnP controller.  BubbleUPnP Server is installed with Twonky (as per your Apple testing setup) or together with MinimServer if using a Linux host.
Hello, I have 2 gold phantoms and they have been suffering from real bad stereo sync since the DOS2 update. But I am hopeful that Devialet will very soon push the corrected OS. While digging through that issue over here I came to know how many of you guys are using UPNP, something which I have never used or aware of until now. It seems like The route to go for a good listening experience and I just downloaded Audirvana on my MacBook, signed in my Tidal HIFI, selected my speakers and boom they're playing. It was real simple to setup and implement and I don't mind paying $$ for it if it results in better end experience. But I don't want to be using my MacBook every time to play my music, instead use my iPad or iPhone. So, I am asking here what is my best option to play music through Tidal using UPNP from IOS. Appreciate any feedback I can get, thanks.
@pikachu , maybe this (but remember I do not use iOS)
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mconnect-p...d503760460
(04-Nov-2019, 08:02)Snoopy8 Wrote: @pikachu , maybe this (but remember I do not use iOS)
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mconnect-p...d503760460

Thanks, downloaded and Tidal is working on Phantoms in stereo absolutely fine so far. Now I just pray that this is the end of my so far miserable experience since updating to DOS2. fingers crossed!!
(03-Nov-2019, 23:28)seb Wrote:
(03-Nov-2019, 21:20)suur13 Wrote: But how? I installed now Kazoo server (Oh compatible, and works after esting with foobar). But Kazoo app stilll only searching Linn device and won't let to do anything else.

You need to install a service / app on your server which propagates OpenHome (which is what Linn Kazoo and Lumin use) in addition to the UpNp server. OpenHome has several advantages vs. standard UPnP. I recommend using Bubble UPnP for that purpose. It seems more stable than the OpenHome app. Both are free. In the Linn Kazoo app you then have to select the "room" you want to use. One advantage is that you can use your server to stream local files but also e.g. Tidal and Qobuz as Linn Kazoo and Lumin are only control point apps. This basically means there is no back and forth with the streaming signal. Pretty much like with Dialog and Spark before.

Thanks. Local files now work. But still no internet radio (even if I sign in to TuneIn in Kazoo server or install minimstreamer plugin on minimserver) in Kazoo app.
(04-Nov-2019, 08:41)suur13 Wrote: Thanks. Local files now work. But still no internet radio (even if I sign in to TuneIn in Kazoo server or install minimstreamer plugin on minimserver) in Kazoo app.
For MinimStreamer, please have a look at this for internet radio
https://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html...%20streams
If you run into problems with it, join the MinimServer forum. Simon, the developer is helpful and responsive.
(04-Nov-2019, 07:41)pikachu Wrote: But I don't want to be using my MacBook every time to play my music, instead use my iPad or iPhone. So, I am asking here what is my best option to play music through Tidal using UPNP from IOS. Appreciate any feedback I can get, thanks.

Although it looks like you are happy with Mconnect, I thought it worthwhile mentioning that there is an Audirvana remote for both iOS and android. However, it is not free.
(04-Nov-2019, 14:02)alandbush Wrote: Although it looks like you are happy with Mconnect, I thought it worthwhile mentioning that there is an Audirvana remote for both iOS and android.  However, it is not free.

Thanks, I am looking at it now. I don't mind paying for it as this will give me same software interface over all platforms because I got Audirvana for MacBook already. But one thing which is not clear over here is that do I need my MacBook to be turned on and running all the time if I have to use the remote on my iOS devices. @alandbush do you happen to know this answer?