Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP & macOS / iOS recommendations?
Yes I think Logitech squeezebox server is needed. This is within my innuos zen mini so not sure on how it would integrates exactly. I think you can download from Logitech though.

It can work without optical link I’m sure.

I’ve tried gilder and many other controller apps but iPeng has been the most successful for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-Nov-2019, 23:32)tsmithpam Wrote: Yes I think Logitech squeezebox server is needed. This is within my innuos zen mini so not sure on how it would integrates exactly. I think you can download  from Logitech though.

It can work without optical link I’m sure.

I’ve tried gilder and many other controller apps but iPeng has been the most successful for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed Squeezebox (7.9.2) and the squeeze2UPnP Plugin (1.25) on my Mac mini. LMS would recognize other UPnP renderers, but for whatever reason not the Phantoms in my network. It would play via Optical though.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Im using 2 apps on android. i use Media Monkey for local hi-res music. it's not free but the app is amazing and you get a 30min trial everytime you run the program.
Then i use Bubble upnp. really don't like this app its not polished enough for me.
I used to have different Upnp renderer such as Yamaha, Samsung, Astell, they all proved to be a widely compatible with every clients in my home network and my PC favorite Player which is Music Bee
Only the Phantom never appeared in Music Been Upnp as a network Rendered.
I had to use a RPI with Volumio and Optical to stream the music to the Phantom from Music Bee

Synology DS audio Server, Volumio, Samsung Smart Things are working with the Phantom so far.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Yes, there are many streamers around there. Some offer really great value and audio performance. The only thing I try to avoid is optical. But maybe it is just me trying to stay wireless.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
yes, I understand i had the same need until I saw that controlling the audio volume via Upnp is something very difficult on DOS1 because of the different the audio profiles (BT or Media)
And i wanted to make sure that the app i'm using had the capability to set a strict value of the audio volume otherwise my Phantom Gold could play too loud and damage my hearing.
Playing too loud because the Phantom didn't switch properly the audio volume profile from 70 to 35 happened to me 3 times... that was very dangerous.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Yes, you are right. The volume switching in DOS1 was something to consider. I have only tested DOS2 with UPnP and Optical so far but it seems that UPnP volume is synchronized with the Devialet App volume. In practical terms that means, whatever volume I set in the UpNp/OpenHome app will be the same as I would see in the Devialet App. This works instantly, e.g. I have Linn Kazoo open on my Mac and when I change volume I would see that instantly in the Devialet app. I did not encounter any issues with volume changes to "too loud" when switching from one source to the other so far.

Just a quick update. After one year using Minim Server with Bubble UPnP and Linn Kazoo, Linn and Lumin App, I decided to switch to Audirvana. Did the previous setup work? Yes, mostly but I was never fully satisfied, especially with the level of Qobuz integration and the occasional hiccups. After testing the current Audirvana 3.5 App for a couple of days I must say I am impressed. Very good user experience and robust DNLA setup. Best solution I have seen for macOS/iOS/iPad OS so far. Of course, Roon is the elephant in the room, but it seems too expensive for my needs. I also like the new pricing model of Audirvana with the free companion app. I do also own Amarra Luxe, but I cannot fully recommend it. Audirvana IMHO is worth the investment.

(11-Dec-2020, 00:09)seb Wrote: Just a quick update. After one year using Minim Server with Bubble UPnP and Linn Kazoo, Linn and Lumin App, I decided to switch to Audirvana. Did the previous setup work? Yes, mostly but I was never fully satisfied, especially with the level of Qobuz integration and the occasional hiccups. After testing the current Audirvana 3.5 App for a couple of days I must say I am impressed. Very good user experience and robust DNLA setup. Best solution I have seen for macOS/iOS/iPad OS so far. Of course, Roon is the elephant in the room, but it seems too expensive for my needs. I also like the new pricing model of Audirvana with the free companion app. I do also own Amarra Luxe, but I cannot fully recommend it. Audirvana IMHO is worth the investment.

I running the same setup. Audirvana on my MacBook Pro. UPnP for my local high Rez files as well as Tidal.
Works wonderfully. I have the control app on my phone too so Use it to control from my easy chair.
Hi Guys

Can you have access to Web radio within audirvana especially radio paradise loss less? Using thé App ? I try to keep it as friendly as possible fit all the familly.

Today I have a D200 not uograded.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Fred

Envoyé de mon SM-A415F en utilisant Tapatalk