Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinnov Amethyst
What is very important in my opinion is to understand two things if you intend to buy an Amethyst :
  • this will help you fine tune the frequency response of your room, ie to reduce the anomalies of frequency of your room due to early reflections (you can select the number of reflections taken in consideration by the machine, by default it is 3, which means approx. 5ms of signal propagation)
  • this will help you make sure that the phase is close to linear. A linear phase is a condition to have a very precise sound stage. This is done taking the 3 early reflections into consideration, ie it corrects the signal in your room, vs SAM which corrects the signal only on the loudspeaker without the influence of the room.
Please find here under the results I have in my room after correction :
You will observe that the frequency response is very smooth (please note that the resolution of 1/3 octave is very favorable presentation)
[img][Image: 939673Amplitude13octave.png][/img]

And you can observe a very linear phase curve, apart from the bass range, which is normal. Its a very optimal result.
[img][Image: 124855Phase13octave.png][/img]

But this is the results of very careful speakers' placement and a lot of personal investment from me Smile