Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated pics of Phantom Rig
Hey folks. I finally got around to taking good pics of the Phantom Reactor 900 (Phantom II 98dB) rig with closeups of the separate components. I enjoy learning about your systems, so thought I'd share. I've found this setup brings out excellent fidelity from the Phantoms. Much better than unboxing them and simply plugging them in. Goes without saying speaker placement is important.

For those interested, I moved last autumn into a new home. I was able to finally retrieve my belongings that had been in storage since the onset of the pandemic. That included some audio-related gear. It was good to finally put everything together for the final setup. Some of the components are modest, but as a whole it all works. The power conditioners were pieces I already had and couldn't justify spending $$ on upgrading them. I put those funds towards the newer components. This was the first AV setup I assembled by ordering most everything online from Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, USA. I live in Canada. Has been an enjoyable trip. I'm old school and for years had local audio dealers with physical locations where I could visit and chat, see things in person, get advice etc.

If I can answer any questions feel free to ask. Cheers. Enjoy the music.

[Image: SzOLXEq.jpg]

[Image: i2EU1qm.jpg]

[Image: qOGCkea.jpg]

[Image: z5IRESv.jpg]

[Image: UF6Fr6W.jpg]

[Image: dWp1qeR.jpg]

[Image: jXNuILo.jpg]

[Image: 9yM4BW8.jpg]

[Image: ZB1yPBg.jpg]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
Really nice setup! Thanks a lot for the detailed pictures. Do you use Roon RAAT?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(06-Feb-2022, 09:51)ragwo Wrote: Really nice setup! Thanks a lot for the detailed pictures. Do you use Roon RAAT?

Hi and thanks. Yes, I've Roon streaming wirelessly throughout the house (kitchen, office, bedroom etc) via Chromecast built into Klipsch's "The Three". I purchased a few of these smart speakers at a discount. The sound they produce is in line with their heritage line... it's really engaging, especially near field or in small rooms. Plus, I like the look of them and the Google integration.

If I were to build another sound system and wanted to try something new, I'd go two possible routes with very different sound: separates with Klipsch's Forte or Cornwalls. Or Kii Audio III, which I see you have (how do you like them?). I've seen their BXT subwoofer tower addition which looks like it would be an amazing system. That setup is in a different price snack bracket. I think I'd really enjoy a Klipsch heritage line setup at a cost more in-line with my budget.

I had been considering upgrading my existing Devialet Phantoms II 98dB to the bigger Phantoms, but couldn't justify the expense. I'm sure there would be some improvement in fidelity, but for the size of my room I found I'm enjoying the Phantom II setup a lot. Cheers.

[Image: pLpg7Hx.jpg]

[Image: h3O5Bvz.jpg]

[Image: kzmBxFL.jpg]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Have you tried convolution filters for Roon? Works like a charm for me, and makes stand alone room correction boxes obsolete.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I don’t have much experience with them, though I have downloaded pre-designed ones for headphone use, and tweaked from there. I’ve no idea how to generate on my own. I don’t think I can do so with my current gear but haven’t researched it. I’ve only experience with Dirac and Anthem’s ARC.

Very nice system SupaDean. I am sure it sounds great. Really like the system as a whole; including your isolation feet, Mutec re-clocker, and power conditioning. Can you describe the differences you hear with the re-clocker? Also, I notice you have an APC conditioner and a line noise filter. Doesn’t the APC have noise filtration built in to their conditioner? Is there a benefit to use both?
(26-Feb-2022, 09:43)AdamEOS Wrote: Very nice system SupaDean. I am sure it sounds great. Really like the system as a whole; including your isolation feet, Mutec re-clocker, and power conditioning. Can you describe the differences you hear with the re-clocker? Also, I notice you have an APC conditioner and a line noise filter. Doesn’t the APC have noise  filtration built in to their conditioner? Is there a benefit to use both?

The Mutech really lowers the noise floor; it’s so black and quiet. Really impressive. The APC and other conditioners…. Doesn’t harm to use them both. It’s also a handy method to plug everything in.

Thanks much for answering. I do have an APC H10 (a step below your unit I believe) and I sometimes perceive a very slight improvement, but its barely perceptible and wonder if other factors are involved. I’ve read good things about the Mutec. I will have to find a way to demo one.