Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
You beat me to it, Confused.  (Speaking as an engineer myself, too.)

Completely off topic, but it reminded me of this great scene in the film Office Space: https://youtu.be/nV7u1VBhWCE
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Jul-2016, 19:19)Confused Wrote: Oh, by the way, in my experience many engineers are very good communicators, and indeed also care about customers.  I might be a bit biased in this view, being an engineer myself.  In many engineering disciplines, the ability to communicate clearly and accurately is paramount.

I am quite sure that Devialet's communication issues are organisational and basically the fault of the management.  From what I have seen, they don't let the engineers communicate, or at least restrict what they can say.

Just to be absolutely clear. I never wrote engineers aren't good at communication, nor that they don't care about customers.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I don't think we are fighting amongst ourselves Eddye, i just think we are all getting a bit frustrated by Devialet, for whatever reason they are getting increasing annoying!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2016, 19:12)Confused Wrote: Of course Devialet can communicate!  I received this earlier:

https://twitter.com/quentinsannie/status...2381800449

Obviously I would have replied with: With a blast of white noise? #airisajoke

Angel
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(18-Jul-2016, 19:41)Confused Wrote: I don't think we are fighting amongst ourselves Eddye, i just think we are all getting a bit frustrated by Devialet, for whatever reason they are getting increasing annoying!

I sure hope not. English isn't my native language, so I just wanted to clarify.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(18-Jul-2016, 19:19)Confused Wrote: Oh, by the way, in my experience many engineers are very good communicators, and indeed also care about customers.  I might be a bit biased in this view, being an engineer myself.  In many engineering disciplines, the ability to communicate clearly and accurately is paramount.

I am quite sure that Devialet's communication issues are organisational and basically the fault of the management.  From what I have seen, they don't let the engineers communicate, or at least restrict what they can say.

Just to be clear...

1. I tried to be funny but that wasn't maybe what I was supposed to be trying at that time. However we all need to lighten up a bit I think.

2. Engineers can be either great or crap at communicating, just like any "ordinary" people. My remark was simply about the fact that engineers at Devialet are probably focusing more on engineering than on communicating, which I think is a good thing. Without engineering there would be nothing for Devialet to communicate about.

3. Yes, most larger companies have staff hired to take care of communications with customers etc. Devialet is a quite small and relatively new company and is probably still run as an even smaller company with an inner core of a few people with complete insight and mandate. That's a way of staying in total control. My guess is that customer service mainly was set up a couple of years ago to unburden Thierry & Co. (i.e. the engineers) from communicating with customers and focus more on strategic communications/relations and engineering. However, this seems to have been done in an ad hoc manner and they're still behind in this area, offering mainly rudimentary advice to concerned customers, which we now are complaining about.  Rolleyes
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
MightyMart, I actually did get both the humour and the positivity in your post! Yes, positivity! We should remember that Devialet have been making some pretty exceptional products despite their shortcomings.

At the end of the day, I think we all know that Devialet are rubbish at both communicating and hitting deadlines. So I'm thinking the best plan is to stick on some tunes and chill! Something will happen one day, eventually, maybe......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
My opinion is that Devialet has missed the mark with owners on their communication of the upgrade offer.  The offer came out on June 16 and a month later still no answers. Whatever hype they thought they would gain with a bit of a teaser campaign has turned a bit sour.   However, I don't think we can knock them (this time) on missing a deadline.  I don't know anywhere that they have ever committed to a date for the details.  I have seen a couple of different times listed on this thread but nothing official, If I missed it I apologize.

Kudos to Devialet in building a great system and for offering upgrades as not many manufactures of anything do that, but failing grade on the follow through.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
I wrote about that to the CEO via Twitter: https://twitter.com/markush/status/755154679328309248
maybe some might like to pic this up
By the way, who said the date is 18 July? Go look for that guy!! Big Grin
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E