Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
I just finished a surprisingly open telephone conversation with Devialet!
We talked about all topics we have been discussing here in recent months. Will give an update later when I am back to the office.
Had about 30min phone call and it was surprisingly a really open communication about the various topics.
Seems they know finally about the importance of the "voice of customers" and the consequences for their brand (I am also running an agency about brand management - www.brandflow.com for those interested). I was also having a conversation with the CEO of Devialet via twitter and addressed some points there (they were very well aware of that in the phone call).
So after a nice introduction, they are sorry about starting the communication process via the e-mail to customers about the new expert line & upgrades and leaving customers with no information so long (well that part so far sounds familiar ;-) ) but they encountered some unexpected issues out of their control, hence things got delayed.
Well, the new website / microsite with all the details should be up by Monday 25th - latest by 27th (I can understand now why - getting to that later on).

But I try to summarize a few topics:
+ General customer support / changing Devialet communication philosophy
They are aware that it's important to have an open communication, dialogue with customers - so there will be a new website area (somewhat close to a forum / Q&A / discussion area) relased where customers issues / discussions along with direct Devialet response
+ Ongoing Development
I pointed out that it seems in recent months and even more they are solely focusing on Phantom products and leaving out the Expert users / products.
When I got told that there has been a lot of effort put into new developments, innovations also on Expert line products I replied that this is a good things to hear - but in the end it's important to keep the valuable customer base informed about that - and not keeping these things behind closed doors and nobody knows what's going on.
They are willing to change this and keeping customers informed on a regularly basis what is happening inside Devialet.
+ AIR 3.0
They are well aware of this painful topic for such a long time - and they stressed out that they have steadily incorporated feedback and improved things - but also never communicated about that to the public (which seems to me one of the biggest faults in communication so far - because that alone was the reason for customers to drop Devialet products).
So there will be an official introduction of the AIR 3.0 Beta software for Mac and Windows within July - explaining in detail what are the changes made to finally solve this issue - and also all users are invited to actively communicate / exchange feedback directly on the website area as mentioned above. So we get finally a direct response of people in charge of that from Devialet and can all together push things ahead with our feedback.
I was reassured several times that this is one of their top priorities to solve for everyone.
+ New Expert Line / Upgrades / Streamer board
As mentioned above further details on the products as well as pricing will be available next week on the new website area.
I was astonished to get a very honest feedback on the current status. They are internally still trying / deciding if it's possible to provide a streaming board along with the update. But so far there is hardly any hardware available that meets the hight expectations / vision of Devialet - so most likely people can send the Devialet for the upgrad - and beginning of 2017 when the hardware and software development based upon it is ready - it will be an easy "plugin" process customers can do on their own or the done by dealer if desired.
+ Spark compatibility / iOS App
They are working on that of course too - but sadly to hear there won't be any release obviously this year. This is because there is such a huge shift going on in the whole software framework and they are aware when releasing something it has to meet the certain high standard known by current major market players.
+ New Firmware
I mentioned the expectations of so many customers about a new firmware around High End 2016 in Munich - but seems there is no "big software update" close ahead. But seemed to be bit unsure about that topic - so let's see what happens about that in July. Do think there will be a firmware update, but could be that this is just a "small step" just fixing some minor bugs and he was refering to a "major one" which should be around end of Q3 2016

I will stay connected with him as well as the CEO - and try to push things in favour of customers and the brand / products, which are no matter the disappointing things happening so far great and promising.
Isn't this exactly what the guys at the Oxford event learned from the rep? Sounds like a standard song and dance to me.

Of course, outside the disappointment of the iOS app will not get worked on and the upcoming firmware is another point release?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(19-Jul-2016, 13:42)markush Wrote: Had about 30min phone call and it was surprisingly a really open communication about the various topics.
Seems they know finally about the importance of the "voice of customers" and the consequences for their brand (I am also running an agency about brand management - www.brandflow.com for those interested). I was also having a conversation with the CEO of Devialet via twitter and addressed some points there (they were very well aware of that in the phone call).
So after a nice introduction, they are sorry about starting the communication process via the e-mail to customers about the new expert line & upgrades and leaving customers with no information so long (well that part so far sounds familiar ;-) ) but they encountered some unexpected issues out of their control, hence things got delayed.
Well, the new website / microsite with all the details should be up by Monday 25th - latest by 27th (I can understand now why - getting to that later on).

But I try to summarize a few topics:
+  General customer support / changing Devialet communication philosophy
They are aware that it's important to have an open communication, dialogue with customers - so there will be a new website area (somewhat close to a forum / Q&A / discussion area) relased where customers issues / discussions along with direct Devialet response
+ Ongoing Development
I pointed out that it seems in recent months and even more they are solely focusing on Phantom products and leaving out the Expert users / products.
When I got told that there has been a lot of effort put into new developments, innovations also on Expert line products I replied that this is a good things to hear - but in the end it's important to keep the valuable customer base informed about that - and not keeping these things behind closed doors and nobody knows what's going on.
They are willing to change this and keeping customers informed on a regularly basis what is happening inside Devialet.
+ AIR 3.0
They are well aware of this painful topic for such a long time - and they stressed out that they have steadily incorporated feedback and improved things - but also never communicated about that to the public (which seems to me one of the biggest faults in communication so far - because that alone was the reason for customers to drop Devialet products).
So there will be an official introduction of the AIR 3.0 Beta software for Mac and Windows within July - explaining in detail what are the changes made to finally solve this issue - and also all users are invited to actively communicate / exchange feedback directly on the website area as mentioned above. So we get finally a direct response of people in charge of that from Devialet and can all together push things ahead with our feedback.
I was reassured several times that this is one of their top priorities to solve for everyone.
+ New Expert Line / Upgrades / Streamer board
As mentioned above further details on the products as well as pricing will be available next week on the new website area.
I was astonished to get a very honest feedback on the current status. They are internally still trying / deciding if it's possible to provide a streaming board along with the update. But so far there is hardly any hardware available that meets the hight expectations / vision of Devialet - so most likely people can send the Devialet for the upgrad - and beginning of 2017 when the hardware and software development based upon it is ready - it will be an easy "plugin" process customers can do on their own or the done by dealer if desired.
+ Spark compatibility / iOS App
They are working on that of course too - but sadly to hear there won't be any release obviously this year. This is because there is such a huge shift going on in the whole software framework and they are aware when releasing something it has to meet the certain high standard known by current major market players.
+ New Firmware
I mentioned the expectations of so many customers about a new firmware around High End 2016 in Munich - but seems there is no "big software update" close ahead. But seemed to be bit unsure about that topic - so let's see what happens about that in July. Do think there will be a firmware update, but could be that this is just a "small step" just fixing some minor bugs and he was refering to a "major one" which should be around end of Q3 2016

I will stay connected with him as well as the CEO - and try to push things in favour of customers and the brand / products, which are no matter the disappointing things happening so far great and promising.

Good work sir, thanks for sharing.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Well, this is finally direct feedback from Devialet and no rep ... and also not interpreting things etc.
So finally next week we will see open communication of new Expert Line & Upgrad options. And it's at least good to see they are by all means trying to fix AIR - now even with active customer integration Smile
As you mentioned there are some disappointments (I was sure there must be an iOS app update as the current one is outdated that much) ... but seems they are preparing a major development step with the new framework for beginning of 2017 ... which admittedly is quite some time.
I was at Oxford and I was encouraged. I've also communicated with them privately with encouraging signs and Markush seems to have done likewise and is also encouraged.

That they are recruiting three key hires is also a good sign. So I am optimistic but recognise some will be the opposite.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(19-Jul-2016, 13:57)Dr Tone Wrote: Isn't this exactly what the guys at the Oxford event learned from the rep? Sounds like a standard song and dance to me.

What happened at the Oxford event? Participants had to signed NDAs? Tongue
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Maybe it´s worth to take a look in the other thread to be informed?!
If there will be a major upgrade of communications with us by Devialet, I suggest : -

They may give us a surprise to leave a message at Facebook immediately just saying they would disclose the upgrade details on (a date).

They are watching.
Re: Streaming

It seems to me that most streaming methods available today are, at best, merely adequate. No, I haven't heard all of them but the none of the implementations I've heard to date are as good as a direct connection (coaxial or USB) or AIR to the Devialet . The company has promised it but from @markush's remarks they aren't satisfied with any present solutions.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.