Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
Info should be available on 18th of July as far as I heard
Thanks - so lets see what / if we do get in terms of information throughout next week...
(14-Jul-2016, 13:37)hahe Wrote: Does anybody already have rough timeline information on further communication from Devialet on the upgrade process and pricing

Do also think Herman´s commment "ownership of these used parts should stay by the owner of the amp who has paid for it" is very valid

Thanks

I was told on Wednesday that they would prefer to update the Od'A once since the finish "doesn't travel well" so whilst the boards (all bar one of which are already in the Od'A) will be available later this year the streaming board will be next year, so I am anticipating sending my units for update in about 12 months.
No idea on pricing for the various models though.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(14-Jul-2016, 13:44)markush Wrote: Info should be available on 18th of July as far as I heard

18th of july today, and no upgrade. nothing, nada, rien, oualou.....
the buzz is too long
(18-Jul-2016, 13:57)ffelden1 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 13:44)markush Wrote: Info should be available on 18th of July as far as I heard

18th of july today, and no upgrade. nothing, nada, rien, oualou.....
the buzz is too long

devialet chat (official) today, the answer is : Customer care Team

Sorry I do not have this information today

mac mini ssd 16go roon devialet 120 athom gt1 se
Maye they could just post out the release date (not 'soon'), like 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month later, of the new firmware on their facebook. That's what the facebook for.
(18-Jul-2016, 15:41)G51 Wrote: Maye they could just post out the release date (not 'soon'), like 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 month later, of the new firmware on their facebook. That's what the facebook for.

That's what their website and twitter is for.  The world has taken a wrong turn if Facebook is a go to corporate information hub!!  Gossiping house wives around the world will be rather annoyed if their important facebook news feeds are disrupted.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I've been a customer for a long time and Devialet has never ever met any deadline so I wouldn't count on it today. And I'm sure they're working on it "feverishly" so that they can release the info "soon".
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Right.

And they are to busy working on everything, that they cannot communicate at all Angel
As it was  with AIR the last years also Tongue
So, here we are without any more information on the upgrade, quite as expected...

I had a chat with the Devialet support team earlier today. Apparently the people in charge of talking to customers don't even receive information regarding updates/upgrades from the technical/marketing side (?!). I'm starting to feel sorry for the customer support. They're probably the last to blame for this mess and earlier ones too.  Confused

--------------

My question:
"Hi! I was wondering if you have any information to share regarding the long awaited hardware upgrade for the Expert amps."
--------------
Our conversation:
D: Sorry I do not have any info on that today
ME: Oh... Wasn't this to be released today?
D: I was not informed sorry. These data are not shared with us.
ME: OK? That's... very weird since you are responsible for customer support.
D: I know right. The issue is that sometimes the marketing gives us dates that are never respected so clients are frustrated and that is normal.
ME: But you do know that Devialet sent an email to us long time Expert users some weeks ago about an hardware upgrade?
D: Yes that I am aware.
ME: Yes, it is a little frustrating for me and many others since we know absolutely nothing about when this will be available and how much it will cost. Meanwhile second hand prices are dropping fast and long time users are selling their Devialet gear, which is very sad.
D: I understand. Please stay patient while the team in charge issues the newsletter.
ME: OK, thanks anyway... must be difficult and equally frustrating to be in your position having no answers to give.
D: It is quite frustrating indeed but we try our best to bring satisfaction to everyone still. ^^
D: Thank you.
ME: Take care, bye! :-)
D: Bye!
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -