Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(19-Feb-2019, 08:34)thumb5 Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 23:31)David A Wrote: Have we reached that point? I'll let you decide.

Yes, I think so.  If my question was too simple to be simply answered, there is little point in prolonging the discussion.  It's probably getting very tedious for everyone else.

What a sensible decision Rolleyes.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(18-Feb-2019, 23:33)David A Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 22:18)ghubregtse Wrote:
(17-Feb-2019, 09:47)iamwappie Wrote: Does anyone have the same issue I do atter the update which is the first tiny fragment of the song is not audible so depending on if a song starts quick you'll notice this?

Yes, I have found exactly the same... anybody else experienced it, or have an explanation?

That hasn't happened here, either with Tidal or with music streamed from my own library. I have streamed music from my library at a variety of FLAC resolutions and also DSD64.

Haven't noticed this at all.  Just had some minor issues with ROON yesterday and today (showing a song playing with no audio heard; slow searching and browsing).  Trying to reconfigure my network to use Google DNS, which allegedly alleviates some of these issues.
My impression of firmware 13.1.3 – dos 2.2.4 (Audirvana - Air WiFi - Devialet) is a little more clarity and “see through”, in addition more “tightened up” in the bass. But unfortunately tonal colors and musicality are gone, no fun listening. Especially on classical music these characteristics are evident.
I tried “downgrading” to 13.0.0 – dos 2.2.2, and got the message that it was successful, but Air did not work after downgrading. So something must have been (permanently) changed during the installation of 13.1.3. Unfortunately I am not aware of any method to do a “clean install” of earlier firmware?
(26-Feb-2019, 21:14)kinver Wrote: My impression of firmware 13.1.3 – dos 2.2.4 (Audirvana - Air WiFi - Devialet) is a little more clarity and “see through”, in addition more “tightened up” in the bass. But unfortunately tonal colors and musicality are gone, no fun listening. Especially on classical music these characteristics are evident.
I tried “downgrading” to 13.0.0 – dos 2.2.2, and got the message that it was successful, but Air did not work after downgrading. So something must have been (permanently) changed during the installation of 13.1.3. Unfortunately I am not aware of any method to do a “clean install” of earlier firmware?

Interesting. I am sorry you are having opposite experience from me.  Much more stable, much more resolution and also more musical using RAAT for me.  Mostly blues, jazz and folk

T
Roon, Tidal, Macbook Pro 15 (quad core, 16 GB), Project Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Devialet 220 pro CI, Focal Sopra N2. Bowers & Wilkins DB3D Subwoofer, Scotland, UK.
(19-Feb-2019, 09:04)awkaplan Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 23:33)David A Wrote:
(18-Feb-2019, 22:18)ghubregtse Wrote: Yes, I have found exactly the same... anybody else experienced it, or have an explanation?

That hasn't happened here, either with Tidal or with music streamed from my own library. I have streamed music from my library at a variety of FLAC resolutions and also DSD64.

Haven't noticed this at all.  Just had some minor issues with ROON yesterday and today (showing a song playing with no audio heard; slow searching and browsing).  Trying to reconfigure my network to use Google DNS, which allegedly alleviates some of these issues.
It happens only with DSP on. I convert to DSD. Over AIR not an issue but over RAAT the first part of a track is not audible
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(26-Feb-2019, 21:14)kinver Wrote: My impression of firmware 13.1.3 – dos 2.2.4 (Audirvana - Air WiFi - Devialet) is a little more clarity and “see through”, in addition more “tightened up” in the bass. But unfortunately tonal colors and musicality are gone, no fun listening. Especially on classical music these characteristics are evident.
I noticed the same issue! The downgrade from 13.1.3 to 13.0.0 works but the DOS doesn't downgrade. It stays at 2.2.4!! So it looks like we can't go back to DOS 2.2.2. After downgrading I can't play with Roon. The player says that the device is in use!
(27-Feb-2019, 07:34)IRSI Wrote:
I noticed the same issue! The downgrade from 13.1.3 to 13.0.0 works but the DOS doesn't downgrade. It stays at 2.2.4!! So it looks like we can't go back to DOS 2.2.2. After downgrading I can't play with Roon. The player says that the device is in use!
At Devialet they look into the possibility of a downgrade to DOS 2.2.2, it´s not as easy as it looks like, the chief engineer told me - just to let you know.
Devialet Expert 220 PRO, Dali Epicon 2 white, 2x Devialet Phantom Gold, Dialog, Audirvana + Roon
To downgrade / Upgrade the DOS, type the IP address of your Devialet in your browser, go to the upload tab and upload the".CAN" file from the related firmware on your computer, which will update your DOS online. The ".CAN file" in the firmware package is the DOS file.
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 
(27-Feb-2019, 11:04)douglas Wrote: To downgrade / Upgrade the DOS, type the IP address of your Devialet in your browser, go to the upload tab and upload the".CAN" file from the related firmware on your computer, which will update your DOS online. The ".CAN file" in the firmware package is the DOS file.

I have done this for several times! After downgrading my Devialet to 13.0.0 with SD-card I have sent the .can file (DOS 2.2.0) of the firmware 13.0.0 over the browser to my Devialet but the DOS 2.2.4 still remains!
(27-Feb-2019, 10:51)P. Fegerle Wrote:
(27-Feb-2019, 07:34)IRSI Wrote:
At Devialet they look into the possibility of a downgrade to DOS 2.2.2, it´s not as easy as it looks like, the chief engineer told me - just to let you know.

Thanks for information. Just have to wait and see then..