Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
Note that this firmware update is also being discussed at https://devialetchat.com/Thread-DEVIALET-now-Roon-Ready where there are more comments about the sound.
(12-Feb-2019, 19:30)Drifter Wrote: The important questions are:
1) how does it sound
2) how stable is it

It bricked my D250, remote and iOS App stopped working.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
Was able to make it work after several power resets, reloading the software, config file and taking the batteries out of the remote.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
That's great @Saint0. I've never heard of anyone bricking an Expert before. I've read it plenty of times with the KEF LS50W. The Expert can be a bit iffy but chances are good you'll work kit out in the end.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Feb-2019, 10:21)Pim Wrote: That's great @Saint0. I've never heard of anyone bricking an Expert before. I've read it plenty of times with the KEF LS50W. The Expert can be a bit iffy but chances are good you'll work kit out in the end.

I think the update/upgrade/install takes a bit longer than the others but working quite good for now.
(13-Feb-2019, 10:26)ada Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 10:21)Pim Wrote: That's great @Saint0. I've never heard of anyone bricking an Expert before. I've read it plenty of times with the KEF LS50W. The Expert can be a bit iffy but chances are good you'll work kit out in the end.

I think the update/upgrade/install takes a bit longer than the others but working quite good for now.

It did take a while. There's lots more to install now than with the non CI Expert.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
All of us are focused on RAAT/Roon ready part of the update but I made some measurements with my miniDSP UMIK-1 and there are significant changes in other input sources also. I think overall there are updates in all the ecosystem of the unit. Probably the update is not limited to Roon ready while it has been marketed in that way. I will keep testing/measuring but there is a clear improvement on the low frequency bass parts for now.
(13-Feb-2019, 10:35)ada Wrote: All of us are focused on RAAT/Roon ready part of the update but I made some measurements with my miniDSP UMIK-1 and there are significant changes in other input sources also. I think overall there are updates in all the ecosystem of the unit. Probably the update is not limited to Roon ready while it has been marketed in that way. I will keep testing/measuring but there is a clear improvement on the low frequency bass parts for now.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-DEVIALET...ady?page=2

POST #20 tested with a transport.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Feb-2019, 10:35)ada Wrote: All of us are focused on RAAT/Roon ready part of the update but I made some measurements with my miniDSP UMIK-1 and there are significant changes in other input sources also. I think overall there are updates in all the ecosystem of the unit. Probably the update is not limited to Roon ready while it has been marketed in that way. I will keep testing/measuring but there is a clear improvement on the low frequency bass parts for now.

That's an interesting discovery - can you share your before/after measurements?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thumbs Up 

Very interesting, what are you seeing in the measurements, changes to frequency response, distortion, group delay or something else?  Is this with or without SAM?

I'd like to think I was going to spend the time trying this myself, but I probably don't have the time, or more accurately when I have the time won't have the inclination, I didn't even bother to apply the new firmware last night, just listened to music instead, like a normal person Wink.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution