Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
The Brubeck Quartet at Carnegie hall. On record recorded. 22/2=1963.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(08-Dec-2019, 12:42)thumb5 Wrote: Mo' Blow "For Those About to Funk"

[Image: z8h0CUI.png]

A new band to me, suggested by a member of the Roon forum (who I think is also here?) - really classy funk/jazz from a German band, sadly now defunct I think.  The usual superb ACT recording quality.
Very good music it is

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Bersarin Quartett "Methoden und Maschinen"

[Image: ePbh4FQ.png]

Roon/Qobuz suggested this new release to me.  First listen, and I'm really enjoying it.  From the artist's name I was expecting something resembling a classical string quartet, but that's not a good description.  It's an interesting mixture of ambient sounds and minimalist music with influences from lots of different musical genres including, but by no means limited to, the above-mentioned jazz.  Great late-night listening, and a lovely recording too.

I'll be on the look-out for more.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Bill Evans Riverside on vinyl.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
[Image: FPdyYOo.jpg]
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
The Later Years (Remastered)
Pink Floyd

Download HRA 24/96

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
SONAR with David Torn "Vortex"

[Image: 9QCTD7J.png]

The genre labels Roon has given this don't make much sense to me...it's more like jazz. Any SONAR fans will know what to expect, but David Torn adds a nice edge.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The North Mississippi Allstars

„Up and Rolling“

Reviews:
„The North Mississippi Allstars have recorded their masterpiece." (Audio, December 2019)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I was recently recommended to listen to the band The war on drugs. Very good, and quite reminiscent of mumford and sons imo.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
Camel-Live at the Royal Albert Hall. BluRay.
Saw them live in 1976, when they were touring Moonmadness.
Blew me away then; blowing me away now.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England