Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Greetings Fellow Devialites,

for the past few days, I have been listening and watching live concerts from the Berlin Philharmonic. Since the rotten virus lead the German authorities to ban events with more than 500 attendees, the BP has had to cancel its concert programme for the next month or so.

Instead of just wailing and gnashing its collective teeth, the BP has generously opened up its large collection of live concert recordings, free of charge for the next 30 days, but you need to register by March 31st. Just go to their website, then to the "Digital Concert Hall", register and use the code BERLINPHIL. There are hundereds of concerts to choose from.

Classical music does not float your boat? There is lots more streaming to be had in other genres. Stereophiles Jason Victor Serinus just did a long listing "Streaming Salvation for the Sequestered". Should be something there to tickle your fancy. Thanks Jason, blessings be upon you.

Enjoy.

The Sofa Has Ears
Thanks. Really good stuff

Here is more from Deutsche Grammophon: https://youtu.be/GDQZiLx6CzE
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Thank you "The Sofa has Ears". 
I was sitting on my sofa today and watched and listened Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony Nr. 6, F-Dur, op. 68, "Pastorale" performed by Herbert von Karajan and the Berliner Philharmoniker in 1967. The sound was recorded in Jesus-Christus Kirche in Berlin and the video was taken by avant-garde director Hugo Niebeling. The performance is extraordinary for the time it has been taken.
Enjoy Angel
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Colosseum

Tomorrowˋs Blues

Good music, good recording!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Shocked 
Madame Butterfly with Gedda, Callas and Karajan! Angel Heart
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
Pinegrove is a band maybe not many have heard. Kinda country kinda indie [Image: 7741a533f65efc031140ef9fc3177cae.jpg]

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
My "lossy" indulgence of choice: NPR Tiny Desk Concerts on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cfmEgpOOZk (the Erykah Badu one)

Playing it through Foobar2000 with the Foo_YouTube plugin and bit-perfect ASIO/WASAPI/uPNP output sounds wonderful on the Devialet.
Feels like having a small concert at home.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
Felt "The Splendour of Fear"

[Image: GIvCHNg.png]

This was new to me when someone posted it on the Roon forum a couple of days ago.  (No idea how I missed it in 1984, though.) Really enjoying it!

Somewhere between Durutti Column and Television, although distinctly different to both.  Some lovely melodic guitar lines.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
45, 180 one of few best albums in the last decade

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Schönberg "Violin Concerto" and "Verklärte Nacht", Isabelle Faust and the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra.

[Image: EAfvZCI.png]

A lovely performance of both pieces, and a top notch recording (IMHO).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK