Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
For me it is the sound quality without doubt, sorry I have tried many different firmware versions and switching bits on and of but cannot hear much difference. However the D400 just makes me smile there are some moments when you have something playing in the background when working in the other room for instance and you just stop and think "what the f***, where did that come from"

My other half who fortunately really loves listening to the system was having a pre swimming snooze the other evening and a Dire Straits (sorry) track came on Radio Paradise - I heard here shout from the other room - this is incredible I have never heard it sound like that before there is just so much going on in the bass that I have not noticed before - mind you he still can't sing !!!!

I love the fact that all that enjoyment can be built into a box that looks so beautiful hanging on the wall - lifestyle product my left foot.

And for all those who moan about broken promises remember no-one else gives this level of upgradeability for nothing and good things come to those who wait. Big Grin
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The things I like best are the sound quality and the simplicity/elegance of the set up.

Another huge bonus is the decrease in expenses resulting from the end of the component/cable upgrade craze. That's easily going to be a nice car worth in a few years.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Of couse like everyone else a major factor is the sound quality.

another big thing i like about my devialet - i dont have to learn about 40 other companies dacs to select the one i think will be best (which likely wont be and would require lots of testing with different dacs which can get costly) to then have to learn about a bunch of pre-amplifiers and then finally the amplifiers.

i doubt you could get a dac/pre-amp/amp combination that if all 3 components combined cost the same as a devialet amp would perform just as good. plus then you have to worry about costing all the extra interconnect cables. you need 5 plugs into a power conditioner instead of 2 which for us computer audio people is a big deal by the time we have all the power supplies for our pcs!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
SQ without a doubt! 2nd is versatility and the amazing 'all units/functions under the same roof'. Nothing comes close to the SQ/cost that Devialet deliver.

Delight could have been bigger though but one day Devialet will deliver their promises in full but a bit later than communicated/Mike the impatient one
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
For me its definitely the sound quality, for me it is just so much better than I have ever owned. The bass and soundstage for me stand out....it just fills my whole room.
When they get AIR to work properly or the Dialog with the expert line, then I will be a very contented man.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
1. The sound quality is, I think, fantastic.
2. It's very configurable.
3. It's a many in one box (Amp, Phonostage, DAC, "streamer-ish")
3. It get's updated with new features.
4. I think it looks stunning.

I've had it almost 2 years and I've never even thought about up or side grading. I'm extremely happy with my Devialet 200.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
1. Politics of free upgrades via firmware updates.
2. Lightweight. Compact dimensions.
3. Posibility of using Devialet anywhere in the world. Great if You want to sell itWink
4. And most important...Sound offered with 8.1.3 beta firmware. Amazing! Now I feel that 200 is a true highend gear. Vocals are so clear... Fullness of sound is great, You can hear everything and nothing is edgy or nasty...so many layers of sound, so much pleasure in listening different genres of music.
Again, the sound quality is outstanding, the design is innovative and kind to the eye. There is one thing though that is even more important to me, there are no transformers inside that buzz unlike my Naim kit.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
The compactness is amazing. My friends were looking for/thinking of the massive mono-blocks given the sound. I could even carry it easily to fellow audiophiles' places for comparisons and trails. The phono stage is surprisingly good and respectable.
Devailet 200, Lumin A1, Magico S5, Kimber ks6063, Rockport Capella, Benz Micro Ruby, Kimber ks1026
Reliably great sound.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.