Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
Thanks.

Also I'm seing more and more SSID in my new building.... so may experience Air wifi issues in the future.

To be honest, I forgot to mention that it means a well configured/tuned laptop to have Air Wifi working flawlessly for hires files.

With Air Ethernet it should be more 'robust', so I will give it a try if I find some time.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(08-Mar-2016, 12:01)ledesc Wrote: Quick question, for those having AIR both Wifi and Ethernet working, what is your prefered option for best SQ ?
In my new flat, I have the possibility to use some sleeves for ethernet cables. As AIR Wifi is working well even in 24/192 (for now) do you think there is a reason to go for ethernet ?

There was some talk on this forum a while ago about AIR Ethernet vs AIR wireless.  The conclusion was that they sound the same or maybe a very slight preference for AIR wireless.  The main driver for hard wired Ethernet connection is stability and freedom from other wifi interference.  So I would say that if AIR wireless is stable for you, then no need to worry about hard wired Ethernet.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I don't think there has been or is a real forum wide concensus on that. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Mar-2016, 21:09)Antoine Wrote: I don't think there has been or is a real forum wide concensus on that. Smile

Agreed, I think I should have chosen my words a little more carefully in my earlier post and not stated "the conclusion was".  More accurately, I do recall one or two (literally one or two) people posting that AIR wireless sounded better, but a consensus or firm conclusion, no.

Thinking about it, I should try the comparison myself one day.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
still interestingly to see that that a majority answered that Air sounds best ?.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
It's an old poll. I started it and even I myself voted Air ethernet back then. I know better today than back then! Smile

AIR sounds great with a standard off the shelf PC (I personally preferred ethernet over WiFI) but can be surpassed using USB if the computer is optimized (through both hard- and software optimizations). Recently I found out all three are surpassed using that same computer when I inserted a Mutec MC-3+ USB in the chain and connected that to the AES/EBU input of the Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
For me it's just perfect over Air Ethernet using a standard iMac, iTunes or Qobuz and a TimeCapsule as router. That's all and it works as intended. Angel
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I'd say that's all that matters, you being happy with the solution. Smile

And just for the record I have been very happy with AIR as well, it worked perfectly stable here even while using WiFi back in the day my 250 was still a D-Premier and so didn't have an ethernet or USB input. There were some drop outs occasionally related to increased WiFi activity out of my control but these were rare and due to many active access points in the neighbourhood. Of course ethernet fixed that, never suffered from the white noise issue though. I just found out I could get USB sounding better and recently the Mutec improved things again. Anyway, I'm repeating myself, the whole voyage I made is documented and it can all be read in my systems topic.

The Netherlands
You're right Antoine, let's be happy !
Also for integration constraints, to be minimalist (WAF...) I was looking for AIR Wifi first.
I'm sure we can do wonders with the other inputs, choosing the right components and carefully set up them.
It's a wonderful playground for us !!!
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Has anyone try using digital coax out to Le200's AES input? Will it be better than coax input? If yes, any particular reason for so?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier