Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YG Accoustics Hailey 1.2
(02-May-2015, 09:46)ogs Wrote:
(02-May-2015, 01:19)Stigmater Wrote: Carmel is my now Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations! This is the original Carmel? Very interesting that you find it better than the S1. I have briefly heard the S1, but not the Carmel. I have been thinking the Carmel might be even better
I have used the "wrong" SAM profile with my speakers for quite some time. I use room correction on top of that and the result is very good.

Yes, it's original Carmel 1 latest black 2013 revision, and I have to say that it's maybe not perfect speakers but it's more pleasant than magico S1, better looking and better designed as well (my humble opinion). I using them now with out SAM and the sound is smooth, non fatigue and less digital then magico, maybe less analytic but definitely more enjoible to me .
Other then that, I can say that tweeter performance is the first thing that I noticed to be a lot better, it's never harsh, it's more audible and it's just deliver the right and pleasant tone.
Listening now as I write to Scott Hamilton - Goodbye Mr. Evans and the sound is autstanding from top to bottom.
One more thing that I wanted to add is Sub integration aspect, with Carmel I can Easily integrate my JL audio sub then with magico, something didn't worked there for me with the integration.

And for Archer's question regarding the room size, my room is somewhere near 16x19 , it has good acoustics and I think Carmel is just right for it.
For example, I demo Magico S3 in that room and the base was too much for its size, and I love good base Smile so need to be careful here with choices.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Review of the Hailey 1.2:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles...er/?page=3

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK