Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(22-Dec-2014, 18:37)amabrok Wrote: Another glitch surfaced!!!

when i turn on the D400 using mobile app, the D400 initiates start up sequence then right before showing the -40 db volume level indicator it turns off!!! and then the only way to start the system up is via the physical remote.

this is not consistent though, sometimes it occurs and other times it simply doesn't!

any of you guys saw/faced that?

Do you mean both amps, or just the companion?
(22-Dec-2014, 18:42)Confused Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 18:37)amabrok Wrote: Another glitch surfaced!!!

when i turn on the D400 using mobile app, the D400 initiates start up sequence then right before showing the -40 db volume level indicator it turns off!!! and then the only way to start the system up is via the physical remote.

this is not consistent though, sometimes it occurs and other times it simply doesn't!

any of you guys saw/faced that?

Do you mean both amps, or just the companion?

both amps
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Another bug discovered on D400!!!

when i access the Tone Menu from the physical remote to adjust the SAM % the Slave unit shuts down! Only Master stays on and its display shows the SAM % dialled. Once i exit from the Tone menu, the Slave unit kick back and begins the start up sequence and then back to normal!

Has anyone here experienced the same?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(28-Dec-2014, 07:16)amabrok Wrote: Another bug discovered on D400!!!

when i access the Tone Menu from the physical remote to adjust the SAM % the Slave unit shuts down! Only Master stays on and its display shows the SAM % dialled. Once i exit from the Tone menu, the Slave unit kick back and begins the start up sequence and then back to normal!

Never had this with my D800. Sorry.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Dec-2014, 11:04)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

is it my bad luck? Or could it be that the dual mono is really swarming with bugs?!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE
(28-Dec-2014, 11:08)amabrok Wrote:

Guillaume

is it my bad luck? Or could it be that the dual mono is really swarming with bugs?!!!!

Hi,

If it is to any comfort I had something of the same but different. Yes, my companion shut down too but when I enabled the analogue inputs!??? Since then I started using 'balanced' inputs on both the master as companion hence I don't need the analogue inputs on the companion instead I use these on the master. Still no idea why this happened. Devialet wasn't able to answer or ignored me by no sense answer.

Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(28-Dec-2014, 11:08)amabrok Wrote:

Guillaume

When I first got my 800 (then 500!) in November 2013, I had issues with "clicks" and "pops" when changing source (one of which was configured as a pass thru). On a few occasions I also had the AES input playing music through the pass thru (bypass input) which was a little disconcerting given the very loud volume level! It took a few months to resolve, so yes... I've had my fair share of issues! Smile

These days I run a very simple config and try and tinker as little as possible. I don't bother using any of the inputs on the companion for example and pretty much stick to the basic settings with the remote etc. Wifi is disabled.

I avoid AIR as I wouldn't be able to tolerate dropouts on a £20k + system. As to white noise I think I would have returned my units by now.

With that said, and in my current setup, I couldn't be any happier. I still believe the dual mono is one of the best sub-£50k amps around, if not the best.

Possibly my only complaint if you can call it that, is that the Devialet doesn't have different digital filters à la dCS. Given its extreme transparency not all material sounds perfect. I'm all for euphonics if it helps me to enjoy my music better. Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Dec-2014, 12:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: When I first got my 800 (then 500!) in November 2013, I had issues with "clicks" and "pops" when changing source (one of which was configured as a pass thru). On a few occasions I also had the AES input playing music through the pass thru (bypass input) which was a little disconcerting given the very loud volume level! It took a few months to resolve, so yes... I've had my fair share of issues! Smile

These days I run a very simple config and try and tinker as little as possible. I don't bother using any of the inputs on the companion for example and pretty much stick to the basic settings with the remote etc. Wifi is disabled.

I avoid AIR as I wouldn't be able to tolerate dropouts on a £20k + system. As to white noise I think I would have returned my units by now.

With that said, and in my current setup, I couldn't be any happier. I still believe the dual mono is one of the best sub-£50k amps around, if not the best.

Possibly my only complaint if you can call it that, is that the Devialet doesn't have different digital filters à la dCS. Given its extreme transparency not all material sounds perfect. I'm all for euphonics if it helps me to enjoy my music better. Big Grin

Guillaume

I think simplicity is very important too. When trying to solve white noise I wrote a very simple dual mono config (one input, everything else disabled) which seemed to be better - it lasted longer before white noise reappeared.

Although your comment might be tongue in cheek, my plan with white noise, if not solved during January, is simply to pack up the two Devialet units and send them back to them in Paris, and see what they do. I don't use them much anyway.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Mine works fine on wifi after hours of trials from v1 onwards tuning my system. I have a working config pre the new configurator.
If not I would be very dissatisfied.
As many of you know my view is that the service has gone downhill since they went more marketing orientated, but I hope it is only that they are overloaded at the moment by the number of new owners insisting on support (they made a rod for their own back with the configurator and firmware updates) none of the other high end brands can have this problem since they are "what you buy is what you have for the life of the product" so zero effort from the manufacturer or dealer needed!

The dealers may well be fed up too since the customer support cost to profit ratio for Devialet products must be considerably worse than for any other brand they sell.
If I were a dealer with this experience I probably wouldn't stock the Phantom since the income per unit will be much less and experience may well make them fear that the support work may well be vast.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(29-Dec-2014, 10:03)f1eng Wrote: Mine works fine on wifi after hours of trials from v1 onwards tuning my system. I have a working config pre the new configurator.
If not I would be very dissatisfied.
As many of you know my view is that the service has gone downhill since they went more marketing orientated, but I hope it is only that they are overloaded at the moment by the number of new owners insisting on support (they made a rod for their own back with the configurator and firmware updates) none of the other high end brands can have this problem since they are "what you buy is what you have for the life of the product" so zero effort from the manufacturer or dealer needed!

The dealers may well be fed up too since the customer support cost to profit ratio for Devialet products must be considerably worse than for any other brand they sell.
If I were a dealer with this experience I probably wouldn't stock the Phantom since the income per unit will be much less and experience may well make them fear that the support work may well be vast.

I am happy to hear that some of us don't have any problems hence that is promising for us with the problems ie there have to be working solutions addressed by Devialet.

It would be interesting to know if some with same or almost same settings for the the same unit/units have the same problems or not? Just to rule out hardware issues!

Anyway my trust (many times Thierry ended his responses to me with: "I thank you for the continued trust in Devialet") for Devialet isn't on top any longer but rather rock bottom.
The considerable money being spend on these units and then having Devs kind support without real problem solving and ignorance towards us that already bought into this by leaving all efforts out to solve their non functional beta versions of software makes me furious.
Even worse, Dev release a new line up making none what so ever excuse to
us with issues and complaints and that time was spend elsewhere.
I come form a business culture where one has to deliver to full satisfaction or you better correct accordingly before jumping to next case with your efforts.

There may be a reason why system been standing silent more often than before. I want to feel that I own gear that works to 100% hence this gives me the fundament of enjoyment and that I never have to look back or worry about function. This is clearly not the situation with Dev.

Sour about this, you bet!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK