Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
(05-Jan-2015, 10:10)Confused Wrote: @Mikeeo - Some (not all) of what describe is very similar to the issues that I had when trying to enable inputs on the companion. After a few email exchanges with Devialet they eventually admitted that there are known bugs with the Configurator and they stated that they are working on a robust solution. In the end I gave up trying to use companion inputs, deciding that I would simply live without them until Devialet confirm the Configurator is fixed.

Good to hear, sadly, that I am not the only one with problems. Couldn't the have a normal RS 232 instead to enable all communication between units?
For sure I would not mind if the units where slightly bigger in terms of tallness then so much more inputs etc could be configured including having real AES/EBU to AES/EBU. If it is now the expert line why not enabling his and why only go halfway with that by having us use the RCA to AES/EBU solution. Why AES/EBU at all when not possible to do it fully?
Sorry for the drift off in topic.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(05-Jan-2015, 10:19)Mikeeo Wrote:
(05-Jan-2015, 10:10)Confused Wrote: @Mikeeo - Some (not all) of what describe is very similar to the issues that I had when trying to enable inputs on the companion. After a few email exchanges with Devialet they eventually admitted that there are known bugs with the Configurator and they stated that they are working on a robust solution. In the end I gave up trying to use companion inputs, deciding that I would simply live without them until Devialet confirm the Configurator is fixed.

Good to hear, sadly, that I am not the only one with problems. Couldn't the have a normal RS 232 instead to enable all communication between units?
For sure I would not mind if the units where slightly bigger in terms of tallness then so much more inputs etc could be configured including having real AES/EBU to AES/EBU. If it is now the expert line why not enabling his and why only go halfway with that by having us use the RCA to AES/EBU solution. Why AES/EBU at all when not possible to do it fully?

/Mike

Well I for one do NOT want the units any larger and am very happy that the are the best amps I have heard ! Good job they are not made by any other company or you would never get anything changed on them.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(05-Jan-2015, 10:55)NickB Wrote:
(05-Jan-2015, 10:19)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

Well I for one do NOT want the units any larger and am very happy that the are the best amps I have heard ! Good job they are not made by any other company or you would never get anything changed on them.

Nick

I hear you Nick, but at least they could have made it a bit wider then to enable full balanced signal utility. At least the could add BNC's for the digital communication between units.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Hi,

Want to report another 'bug'. When I hibernate the units, the companion display black out but the master keep the display saying 400 etc as it supposed. Any clue to the dimmed out display of the companion?

/Mike
(10-Jan-2015, 13:36)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

Want to report another 'bug'. When I hibernate the units, the companion display black out but the master keep the display saying 400 etc as it supposed. Any clue to the dimmed out display of the companion?

/Mike

If you look at the "master slave link" thread (from about P9) this is discussed in some detail.
Thanks Confused,

I see my own answer BUT at that time I didn't go AES/EBU yet as well as not used the new configurator enabling SAM. First time I noticed this was plugging in AES/EBU and then when the trigger cable was connected the companion closed down when enabling the >AES/EBU input on the master!??? So I unhooked it and everything worked again with no shut down of the companion when choosing the AES/EBU input on the master BUT the when hibernate is chosen companion display go black.

/Mike
(10-Jan-2015, 16:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Thanks Confused,

I see my own answer BUT at that time I didn't go AES/EBU yet as well as not used the new configurator enabling SAM. First time I noticed this was plugging in AES/EBU and then when the trigger cable was connected the companion closed down when enabling the >AES/EBU input on the master!??? So I unhooked it and everything worked again with no shut down of the companion when choosing the AES/EBU input on the master BUT the when hibernate is chosen companion display go black.

/Mike

I have the same thing. when i turn off my D400, the master display shows a dimmed "400" whereas the slave display totally shuts down, but i did not take that as a bug, i assumed that this was by design considering that Devialet intended to have dual mono systems stacked with master on top, so ideally one is not meant to see the slave display at all.

is this ideal or logical, i dont think so, but i still don,t perceive it as a bug.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(10-Jan-2015, 18:13)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

I have the same thing. when i turn off my D400, the master display shows a dimmed "400" whereas the slave display totally shuts down, but i did not take that as a bug, i assumed that this was by design considering that Devialet intended to have dual mono systems stacked with master on top, so ideally one is not meant to see the slave display at all.

is this ideal or logical, i dont think so, but i still don,t perceive it as a bug.

Mine does that too. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(10-Jan-2015, 18:13)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

Well the system works, but before new config that was not the issue hence I relate this to the latest configurator.

/Mike
Hi,
Just got my Raidhos today! Wanted to config some things and just make sure I have the Raidho config. Well, when trying to config I am  greeted with,"This configuration is not yours!"

What the F, I am so tired of this crappy function, any one, how to solve yet another great challenge? /Mike