Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beerman`s system
There are really some pretty good looking setups (and sounding as well, I guess!) here, so let me introduce my little system to you.

The Linn Sondek LP12 is the only component I never changed in my audiophile career, that started 1989 with this player.
He is now equipped with Trampolin 2, Keel, Radikal, Ekos 2 and Akiva. There is a Urika phono-stage, so the Linn Silver cable goes into the Line input of the Devialet 200. The Klimax Power supply for motor and phono-stage is placed on a SSC Flatbase.

I notice common ground: Devialet and LP12 are upgradeable, the one more software based, the other more hardware based. Let us hope that the Devialet amps become as iconic as the LP12.

For digital music-files, I have an Apple MacMini with an extern Western Digital 1TB hard-disc connected with firewire. The Mac got the normally tweaks to concentrate on music files reproduction. itunes manages the music library, Devialet does sample-rate changing.
The connection to the Devialet is direct ethernet with a short Audioquest Vodka.

The Devialet sits on a Thixar Silent Base and the rack is a Tabula Rasa Lowboard.
The mains cable of my Devialet, like all my mains cables, is HMS Energia SL/O.
All mains are connected to a PS Audio Dectet.

Speakers are Kef LS50, placed on sand-filled stands from Liedtke Metalldesign, cable is a ViaBlue SC-4 Single-Wire T6. The little Kefs are supported by a Linn Melodik subwoofer. Subwoofer cable is a ViaBlue NF-B6 Air.
The active crossover of the Devialet separates speakers and subwoofer at 70 Hz.
The subwoofer is dsp-corrected with a DSpeaker Antimode 8033S-II. This small and good value device let my room modes disappear.

Some voodoo and tweaks:
I have a dedicated mains spur only for the music system, which is shielded and has a 2,5 mm2 cross section. The fuse is a AHP Klangmodul 20A.
Open in- and outputs are closed with Sieveking RCA and XLR Caps.
The extern hard disc is on a SSC isolation platform. The Mac sits on sorbothane pads.
LP12 is on a light hardwood platform with Cardas Golden Cuboids.
The LS-stands have bronze spikes.
Ekos 2 is Cardas-wired.

At last one listening tip, so don't forget we are all in it for the music:
Dee Dee Bridgewater: Live at Yoshi's. Listen to "Slow Boat To China". This recording is excellent. Musicality and recording technology at is best! One of the most dynamic recording I have heard.

Cheers

Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
Looks great.
I had a Linn LP12 for very many years too.
Have you tried the Devialet phono input at all?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(21-Jun-2014, 16:23)f1eng Wrote: Looks great.

Thank you very much, f1eng

To my regret I never tried the Devialet's phono input, because the Linn Urika phono is built in the LP 12 and so I have only line output from the record player.
Maybe I can try that in the future, I am curious enough...
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(21-Jun-2014, 16:43)beerman Wrote:
(21-Jun-2014, 16:23)f1eng Wrote: Looks great.

Thank you very much, f1eng

To my regret I never tried the Devialet's phono input, because the Linn Urika phono is built in the LP 12 and so I have only line output from the record player.
Maybe I can try that in the future, I am curious enough...

I see. I only had a simple LP12/Ittok/Troika.
I am very pleased with the Devialet phono input, low noise and very accurate and clear IME.
I am not sure how easy it is to bypass a built in Linn phono stage.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I would have to unplug the the cable of the Urika, that fits into the tonearm and plug in a new phono cable to the Devialet. I would have to unscrew the Trampolin plate and buy a new phono cable for this.
It would be very interesting to compare Urika and the Devialet phono stage, but at the moment the sound of Urika into the Line input of the Devialet is so satisfying, that I can´t be bothered to do this.
Maybe when I have to change the cartridge...
The hifi-dealer, where I have bought Devialet and Urika/Akiva (I had Urika/Akiva first, bought the Devialet later, replaced a lot of Linn boxes Tongue) told me, that the combination of Urika/Akiva sounds better than Akiva into Devialet phono stage. But I didn´t made the comparison for myself.

Bavaria
Beerman what is your cartridge ? mine is Benz L04. But I think it would time for a changing
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
nice looking system and i like that you have your components placed to the side and not in between your speakers.

Also i like how you describe your system. enjoy and welcome!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Very nice & warm look .
Welcome
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Thank you!

Bavaria
(16-May-2015, 10:43)jfp Wrote: Beerman what is your cartridge ? mine is Benz L04. But I think it would time for a changing

I have shortly changed from Linn Akiva to a Lyra Delos. 
(Akiva was worn out, seven years old)

Bavaria