Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
certification of Roon RAAT starts this week
http:// http://t.email.devialet.com/r/?i...hqhrtzo81i

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(16-Oct-2018, 19:25)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: http://t.email.devialet.com/r/?id=hab89f2,1590af0,15a061a&p1=@CnBm-dJw7u8js19bkTmWKTfD0Ll2P6ugmnuDw11XKwdgLYLGqDjR0iMBcBLJdg3xTzvFsTr8pOCmpYP9Plny69SZXhlKoLON0O7OI9hqhrtzo81i

Got an e-mail from Devialet today stating: ‚On Expert Pro with Core Infinity, certification with Roon RAAT begins this week ...‘. So RAAT implementation seems to become a reality!
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Yes that’s the newsletter being sent out to users I mentioned already some time ago Smile
What will the advantage of RAAT be over what I'm currently running -- Devialet Air with Roon Server running on my Antipodes?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I guess the major advantage, if AIR from Roon already is working in a stable way in your system, is that with RAAT the pairing of multiple players into one synchronized zone will be possible.
(17-Oct-2018, 01:55)AaronG Wrote: What will the advantage of RAAT be over what I'm currently running -- Devialet Air with Roon Server running on my Antipodes?

From Hifi–swlon's post in this thread:  #12

"Zone grouping/syncing
-Roons QA & reliability. 
-Roon settings automatically optimised for the device. 
-Roon largely taking ownership so evolution over time is more on their timescales."

On the last point above, Roon say in an article in their Knowledge base:
  • Support for new streaming services, file formats, DRM schemes, etc can be supported without firmware upgrade. In fact, the only reason an upgrade should be required is to fix a low-level bug, or to access more hardware functionality. This is really important. Not all partners/hardware have easy firmware update paths that can be done at home. Our acceptance of this reality has deeply influenced RAAT's design. Just as with Google's Cast devices, the majority of the business logic is delivered to the device at run-time as a script. This means that we are capable of completely re-designing the audio streaming and buffering logic without updating device firmware. This is absolutely critical, since most of the bugs + evolution in a system like this relate to networking, not audio. Other than Cast, we are unaware of another system that is this flexible.

RAAT also supports 32 bit 768 kHz PCM playback and multichannel playback. While Devialet only supports 24 bit 192 kHz PCM playback now, becoming Roon Ready helps Devialet simplify future development and the multichannel playback capability of RAAT may be of use in the future if Devialet make it possible to enable multichannel playback via linked Devialet devices.

Like you, I'm using an Antipodes (DS in my case) and a Devialet. I don't expect any gain in sound quality but we may see some improvements in stability (I did say "may" because Roon AIR has been very stable for me, much more stable than Devialet AIR on my Mac was). Basically, however, I'm not expecting to see big things in the short term from the Devialet becoming Roon Ready but it offers some potential benefits in the longer term and it may make it easier for Devialet to deliver some of those benefits to us.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(17-Oct-2018, 01:55)AaronG Wrote: What will the advantage of RAAT be over what I'm currently running -- Devialet Air with Roon Server running on my Antipodes?

In addition to what has been said by others I expect RAAT to bring back display of info from the amp. The first version of Roon/AIR had feedback (in signal path) of balance, bass, treble & phase in addition to volume. After the CI was installed only volume worked.
I have my amp on a wall so I can see the display, but can't read it from a distance. If your amp is on a shelf you can't even see the display!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks everyone!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(16-Oct-2018, 21:29)Sailor4W Wrote:
(16-Oct-2018, 19:25)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: http://t.email.devialet.com/r/?id=hab89f2,1590af0,15a061a&p1=@CnBm-dJw7u8js19bkTmWKTfD0Ll2P6ugmnuDw11XKwdgLYLGqDjR0iMBcBLJdg3xTzvFsTr8pOCmpYP9Plny69SZXhlKoLON0O7OI9hqhrtzo81i

Got an e-mail from Devialet today stating: ‚On Expert Pro with Core Infinity, certification with Roon RAAT begins this week ...‘. So RAAT implementation seems to become a reality!

So...it's been 10 months....

If certification began, what the heck happened?
What the heck happened? They got certification, rolled out a firmware update on 12 February this year which made the Expert Pros Roon Ready, and it includes a bug affecting some people with gigabit ethernet connections which still hasn't been fixed 8 months after the firmware release.

That's what happened.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia