Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
certification of Roon RAAT starts this week
(05-Apr-2020, 10:13)Saint0 Wrote:
(02-Apr-2020, 15:33)mdconnelly Wrote:
(02-Apr-2020, 00:28)Saint0 Wrote: I've been running the beta version, it's working well so far. Ethernet and iOS App connectivity are stable (no blinking Ethernet IP address), the issue with Roon Ready certified audio setting is resolved.

I truly hope you're right.... In response to a ticket I submitted to Devialet asking whether the latest firmware in beta test would address the Roon RAAT gigabit ethernet bug, this is the response I received...  I'm hoping that this front line support responder was simply not fully informed...
I am noticed about the beta test, which is mainly subjected to the system compatibly issue. Sorry that I don't think it can address the gigabit Roon connection.

@Saint0 - any insight on when this may be released

Sorry, I don't know when the F/W update will be released except that Devialet has a fix for the Ethernet bug. I don't want to speculate what will be included in the next F/W update and when it'll be released.

Totally understand and thank you for the update!  Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long for the release but it's great to know Devialet finally tackled the gigabit ethernet Roon RAAT issue. 

Now if they could just address the online configurator issues... that wouldn't even require a firmware release.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@Saint0 Would be grat if you could urge the need for an online configurator fix too.
Do you need a summary of currently known bugs just tell - think we will soon collect them here.
(07-Apr-2020, 01:05)markush Wrote: @Saint0 Would be grat if you could urge the need for an online configurator fix too.
Do you need a summary of currently known bugs just tell - think we will soon collect them here.
What are the other known bugs? I've not had issues with the configurator. I supposed they've all been reported.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
(07-Apr-2020, 04:38)Saint0 Wrote:
(07-Apr-2020, 01:05)markush Wrote: @Saint0 Would be grat if you could urge the need for an online configurator fix too.
What are the other known bugs? I've not had issues with the configurator. I supposed they've all been reported.

As far as I know, the main configurator problem is when using dual mono configuration: most of settings that are available to master only are not saved into companion file (and also while operating, master is not sending these settings to companion). The main area having this issue is "General settings" section (e.g.: Balance mode, Bass, Treble).
This is a combination between configurator and firmware, but I believe it is better to be fixed on both sides (configurator + firmware).
Yes dual mono configuration causes some problems. Especially when changing an existing configuration things are not properly saved to the config file.
Editing an existing dual mono configuration is an exercise in futility. The results cannot be trusted and in certain circumstances, can result in a serious problem if used. This has happened to me with loud noise coming solely from one channel after such a config edit. The painful work-around is to always start with a new configuration but as @"alaw" stated, it's extremely annoying to do so because I often overlook one or two settings.

The issue mentioned by @daniel.avasilichioaei ... that some changes will not propagate correctly to the companion file does not seem to have a work-around. I believe this may occur even when starting with a new config.

Has anyone seen an acknowledgement and response from Devialet regarding this?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(07-Apr-2020, 12:40)mdconnelly Wrote: Editing an existing dual mono configuration is an exercise in futility.  The results cannot be trusted and in certain circumstances, can result in a serious problem if used.  This has happened to me with loud noise coming solely from one channel after such a config edit.    The painful work-around is to always start with a new configuration but as @"alaw" stated, it's extremely annoying to do so because I often overlook one or two settings.

The issue mentioned by @daniel.avasilichioaei ... that some changes will not propagate correctly to the companion file does not seem to have a work-around.  I believe this may occur even when starting with a new config.

Yes, I reported this issue to Devialet 1 year ago. At that time, there was another user here, saying that he had reported this a few years before I did it.
Still, it is not fixed...
(07-Apr-2020, 12:40)mdconnelly Wrote: Editing an existing dual mono configuration is an exercise in futility.  The results cannot be trusted and in certain circumstances, can result in a serious problem if used.  This has happened to me with loud noise coming solely from one channel after such a config edit.    The painful work-around is to always start with a new configuration but as @"alaw" stated, it's extremely annoying to do so because I often overlook one or two settings.

The issue mentioned by @daniel.avasilichioaei ... that some changes will not propagate correctly to the companion file does not seem to have a work-around.  I believe this may occur even when starting with a new config.

I haven’t needed to alter my Configurator files for ages, but when I did, I always started with an anonymous account. I have screenshots of each important stage, so that I don’t overlook anything, saved on my iPad. A royal PITA, that’s for sure.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Maybe it’s a good idea if we all file a bug report about it. So @Saint0 has a good discussion point when having a follow up with devialet.
Sorry, I don't have a dual Mono setup, and I've not had any issues with the configurator so I can't really verify the bug.

The iOS Remote App is still flaky with the beta version. The volume reading on the App when power up is either random or set to previous setting instead of the programmed power up volume. Most of the time the random setting is at -90 to -95 db, but it can be dangerous if the random volume on the App is high as the moment one touches the volume control on the App, it jumps to the setting on the App.

I always save a copy of the configuration text file after I made changes on my computer so I can just copy it to the SD Card next time if no changes are required. I also keep some of the old F/W versions in case I need to revert back.

@mdconnelly - Have you followed up with Devialet on the dual-Mono/configurator issues recently?
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner