Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing configuration if I dont have the latest software installed
Hi, I have a Devialet D200 and I have not upgraded the software for many years.  i don't particularly want to as I understand this messes with the sound, which I quite like.

I would like to change some of the configuration settings (change output type etc).  How do I do this?  I understand that the online configurator can only be used if you have the latest software installed.
In my experience, the configurator can be used even if your Devialet's firmware is not up to date. I ran 7.1.x firmware for a few years during which versions 8.x and 9.x were released, and never had any problem using the configurator during that time.

To be on the safe side, just put the new config file on a second SD card or make sure you keep a back-up copy of your current config file (dp_cfg.txt) before trying the new one.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Jan-2018, 13:55)andrewd Wrote: Hi, I have a Devialet D200 and I have not upgraded the software for many years.  i don't particularly want to as I understand this messes with the sound, which I quite like.

I would like to change some of the configuration settings (change output type etc).  How do I do this?  I understand that the online configurator can only be used if you have the latest software installed.
You don’t need the latest software to use the Configurator. Open an account on the Devialet site, if you haven’t already, then your new config will be saved.  You can either start a new config. from scratch, or edit your existing. Doing this is fairly straightforward. If I were you, I’d save the current config files on my computer, then if anything goes awry, you have something to fall back on, plus it gives you the confidence to try new settings with nothing to worry about.
Start here: https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/configura...new-config
Where it says "choose a model" there are three options. You need to choose Expert and take it from there.
Apologies for doubling up on some of the recommendations, Thumb posted as I was composing my answer.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Ok thanks for the info
I just changed speakers. When I changed the config, it noted that I needed firmware v8.3 for the config.
I tried anyway, and SAM turned off by default. When I tried turning on SAM - no sound. My previous speakers were one of the first to get SAM and it was working before I changed the firmware.

How do I find out what firmware version I have?
What are the good, bad and ugly in terms of D200 firmware versions? I understand some sound better than others.
(05-Feb-2018, 21:20)andrewd Wrote: I just changed speakers. When I changed the config, it noted that I needed firmware v8.3 for the config.
I tried anyway, and SAM turned off by default. When I tried turning on SAM - no sound. My previous speakers were one of the first to get SAM and it was working before I changed the firmware.

How do I find out what firmware version I have?
What are the good, bad and ugly in terms of D200 firmware versions? I understand some sound better than others.

Make one long press on the Tone control on the remote. On the first screen, you will see the software version you are running.
Apologies for the atrocious quality of the photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks, looks like I have v7.1.1.
It sounded good with my Dynaudio C1s and SAM so I didnt want to mess with it.
Now I have downgraded to Dynaudio Contour S3.4s and to use SAM with these speakers I need to upgrade the firmware. I am guessing there is no option for which firmware to get, the latest or nothing.

What do people think, should I upgrade firmware to current version to get SAM or leave it as is?
Personally, I have not had any regrets in updating the firmware over time. I do know there are some who feel various releases of the firmware sound better to them than other versions.

You could save your current configuration, and a copy of the firmware you have, and then try a newer version of the firmware. If you aren't happy you could re-load the earlier firmware and configuration.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(07-Feb-2018, 01:42)baddog Wrote: Personally, I have not had any regrets in updating the firmware over time. I do know there are some who feel various releases of the firmware sound better to them than other versions.

You could save your current configuration, and a copy of the firmware you have, and then try a newer version of the firmware. If you aren't happy you could re-load the earlier firmware and configuration.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to keep a backup copy of the firmware installed.  Do Devialet allow you to download a copy of any previous firmware version?  Is there a way to write a firmware backup from the amp to the SD card?

For what its worth I am using a wired digital coax input, not Air or any other type of streaming.
(07-Feb-2018, 06:42)andrewd Wrote:
(07-Feb-2018, 01:42)baddog Wrote: Personally, I have not had any regrets in updating the firmware over time. I do know there are some who feel various releases of the firmware sound better to them than other versions.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to keep a backup copy of the firmware installed.  Do Devialet allow you to download a copy of any previous firmware version?  Is there a way to write a firmware backup from the amp to the SD card?

For what its worth I am using a wired digital coax input, not Air or any other type of streaming.

Hello Andrewd, look here: https://devialetchat.com/downloads/firmware/
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria