Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i must be missing something
So i just set up my devs today, uploaded latest firmware and whatnot.

when i scroll through the source options on the remote it will cycle through every single source except for air.

i know this is clearly something stupid on my behalf.

please someone help so i can slap myself and be done with it please Smile

Regards, Nathan.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I'm a new user, but I can help with this one at least!

The source options you see are the physical inputs. Air is a streaming method, and is sent either via Wired Ethernet, or Wifi - as set in the Air application settings on your source computer. So if you're using Air, it will be one of those two inputs.
(23-Apr-2015, 13:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'm a new user, but I can help with this one at least!

The source options you see are the physical inputs.  Air is a streaming method, and is sent either via Wired Ethernet, or Wifi - as set in the Air application settings on your source computer. So if you're using Air, it will be one of those two inputs.

i think im still a bit lost -

the air app on my pc doesnt actually give me any options for streaming or let me select any devices. and when you do how does the devialet know to use the air input over the physical input that its currently selected to?

i cant find any decent information on the dev website that is helpful to me :/

Edit - i got this from the devialet website

Once the software has been installed, open it. Make sure your computer is on the same WiFi network with your Devialet. Switch your Devialet ON and select the AIR input.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Make sure that your Devialet and computer are on the same network. If Devialet is connected to the router via WiFi then choose WiFi as the source on Devialet, if you connect Devialet to the router via ethernet cable then choose Ethernet as the source..

On your computer when you open the Air application you should see your Devialet name listed for example "Dxxx-Wifi". You select that on the Air app. Now ideally, any sound playing on your computer should stream to your Devialet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(23-Apr-2015, 13:36)amabrok Wrote: Make sure that your Devialet and computer are on the same network. If Devialet is connected to the router via WiFi then choose WiFi as the source on Devialet, if you connect Devialet to the router via ethernet cable then choose Ethernet as the source..

On your computer when you open the Air application you should see your Devialet name listed for example "Dxxx-Wifi". You select that on the Air app. Now ideally, any sound playing on your computer should stream to your Devialet.

do i have to select one or the other through the configurator?

both devices are plugged into the same switch and the dev is set to dhcp so it should have a connection. 

when i open the app i dont see my dev to connect to though... perhaps because the wifi details are wrong it doesnt connect through the ethernet?
No, its independent of the Configurator - providing wifi and ethernet are set up correctly and the dev is properly attached to the network.

I'm on a mac, but in the Air drop down - with wifi and ethernet enabled and setup properly on the deviate - I get two options on the Air app in the menubar (three including 'disable'). Not knowing the windows version, my guess is if you can't see them it's probably not attached to the network.

Maybe focus on either ethernet or wifi, and just try and get that one working first.
(23-Apr-2015, 14:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No, its independent of the Configurator - providing wifi and ethernet are set up correctly and the dev is properly attached to the network.

I'm on a mac, but in the Air drop down - with wifi and ethernet enabled and setup properly on the deviate -  I get two options on the Air app in the menubar (three including 'disable').   Not knowing the windows version, my guess is if you can't see them it's probably not attached to the network.

Maybe focus on either ethernet or wifi, and just try and get that one working first.

i was dicking around with the configurator and somehow i got to a "wizard" page that included a section about whether to use ethernet/wifi etc.

i moved from the page too quickly and i cant bring it back up... how the heck do i tell the devialet that i want it to use ethernet?
this is what i did:
-use the advanced Configurator
-enable both wifi and ethernet by clicking on them so they aren't greyed out
-edit the settings within each to match your home network. if you know networking, start by avoiding dhcp on the dev and just give it an address you know is free. one less issue to worry about.

thats pretty much it as far as i can remember.
You can edit currently saved configuration on you online account and go to advanced Configurator to ensure that WiFi and ethernet are enabled and set up properly

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
The Devialet must be switched to the desired input (Eth or wifi) first. AIR on Mac/PC should then 'see' the Devialet and the app icon changes from grey to black.