Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
(13-Dec-2017, 13:29)petrik Wrote: Hmm, I wonder what is this Beta Program. If I understood it correctly, we are not allowed to discuss about new features or bugs anymore here if we join this program.

5. Nonuse and Nondisclosure of Confidential Information
You agree that you will not disclose, distribute, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information or any features related to the Update to anyone unless expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Devialet.  You agree to use the Confidential Information solely for the permitted uses as set forth in the Terms and Conditions.  You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of Devialet in each instance.  You hereby acknowledge that unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information could cause irreparable harm and significant injury to Devialet.  

That seems like reasonable wording for a closed beta testing program.  Agreed, I would also interpret it as forbidding discussion of the software on this forum and any others.  Sonos (to pick one example) apply the same kind of policy.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Dec-2017, 16:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Dec-2017, 13:29)petrik Wrote: Hmm, I wonder what is this Beta Program. If I understood it correctly, we are not allowed to discuss about new features or bugs anymore here if we join this program.

5. Nonuse and Nondisclosure of Confidential Information
You agree that you will not disclose, distribute, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information or any features related to the Update to anyone unless expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Devialet.  You agree to use the Confidential Information solely for the permitted uses as set forth in the Terms and Conditions.  You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of Devialet in each instance.  You hereby acknowledge that unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information could cause irreparable harm and significant injury to Devialet.  

That seems like reasonable wording for a closed beta testing program.  Agreed, I would also interpret it as forbidding discussion of the software on this forum and any others.  Sonos (to pick one example) apply the same kind of policy.

"Beta Testing Program"

What program; all Devialet have done is release new Beta software, but then put conditions not allowing anyone to talk about those issues (or even discuss the good bits of the software).

1. They say there's known bugs, but won't tell anyone what they are
2. They say send us info on any issues you have, but then at the same time say they probably won't reply

Beta testing is an exchange of information, not a one way (only to them) flow of info.

So much for Devialet being more transparent with communication (yes, tell us what problems you find and we'll keep it to ourselves
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I suggest we do not overreact to this. This is reasonably typical wording for a beta test program and is intended to protect Devialet from anyone using information gained from the beta software for the purposes of wilfully damaging Devialet's reputation. (or further damaging it, some might think, but not me.....)

I am sure that if anyone posts a helpful observation regarding the beta software, such as 'I experienced some crackling noises but managed to cure this by changing a setting on my PC', it is highly unlikely that Devialet would then immediately commence legal action.

If someone got some bad results from the beta software and posted about this on every audio forum they could find stating 'Devialet are rubbish, anyone who buys a Devialet is stupid, do not buy Devialet', then maybe Devialet might just consider a warning prior to commencing legal action if such posting continued.

If we started to get a number of cases of Devialet customers being prosecuted for posting stuff like 'the new AirPlay feature sounds amazing but sometimes crashes when changing sample rates', then such prosecutions would be highly damaging for Devialet's reputation. It is simply inconceivable that Devialet would consider prosecuting customers except in extreme cases. (and I'm to pretty to go to jail)

In other words, personally I would not worry about it too much.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Presumably if Devialet is asking a closed group to do thorough and confidential testing (ie work) they will be giving some form of compensation to those involved
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
For those of you already upgraded, do we still access the same configurator with the upgraded machines?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Agentsmith

I was advised yesterday by Devialet that the updated configurator 'will be launched pretty soon'.

How long that piece of string is, I don't know?
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Thanks Celts88, if the updated configurator is not launched, how do we manage the new machines?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Agentsmith

I was told that the current configurator can be used for all Experts (non-Pro, Pro & IC Upgraded Pro's).

Believe they're hoping to get the new configurator set-up soon (most likely January due to current focus on OS bugs), but later (loooonger piece of string) they're going to bring out a web interface configurator (can't focus on that yet, as if rushed out too quickly will just introduce more bugs, on top of the current OS bugs).

Sorry, I'm just a Joe Blow owner like yourself so don't have any insider knowledge I can give you (maybe @markush knows more).

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
(15-Dec-2017, 06:23)Celts88 Wrote: Agentsmith

I was told that the current configurator can be used for all Experts (non-Pro, Pro & IC Upgraded Pro's).

Believe they're hoping to get the new configurator set-up soon (most likely January due to current focus on OS bugs), but later (loooonger piece of string) they're going to bring out a web interface configurator (can't focus on that yet, as if rushed out too quickly will just introduce more bugs, on top of the current OS bugs).

Sorry, I'm just a Joe Blow owner like yourself so don't have any insider knowledge I can give you (maybe @markush knows more).

Cheers
John

Thanks for the detail reply.  I am about to pick up my unit soon, looking forward to find out what's in store

Rgds
John

Just format your SD card every time you change the contents. Takes seconds and will avoid any problems.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.