Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
(10-Jan-2018, 21:56)midi Wrote: New beta release today:

2.2.0 Beta 10
Firmware 12.2.2

I have downloaded the new software and I am pleased to tell that the issue with the remote app is gone. I am now able to adjust the volume from my Iphone  Smile

I don’t hear changes in the sound but it is to early to conclude anything.
(10-Jan-2018, 23:17)Haas Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 21:56)midi Wrote: New beta release today:

2.2.0 Beta 10
Firmware 12.2.2

I have downloaded the new software and I am pleased to tell that the issue with the remote app is gone. I am now able to adjust the volume from my Iphone  Smile

I don’t hear changes in the sound but it is to early to conclude anything.
I thought the bass/lower registers sounded a bit stronger, but it might be my imagination. I also listened to a handful of songs.

One thing that is interesting is the number of ways I can play music from my phone; from the app, from any number of UPNP apps, from iTunes (using Airplay) and, from Spotify app. I haven't tried the Roon app yet, and Tidal is yet to come! 

Sometimes I lose track of what's driving my 250 and it takes a while to work it out!
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I’ve loaded the beta 10 12.2.2 firmware this morning. My preferred default input is now selected at startup. The iPad app works and accurately reflects the volume level shown on the amp. I have played a selection of music up to 192/24 via Roon Air Ethernet, which all play without any glitches. 176.4/24 and DSD64 files switch the Companion off as advised by Devialet. I have been able to use UPnP to play music stored on my QNAP NAS through the Mutec, although I wouldn’t normally use this method. SQ from what little listening I have had, sounds as good as the previous signed off firmware. Nothing bad to report so far, apart from the 176.4/DSD problems which, I’m sure Devialet will soon sort out. Confused Firmware 12.2.2).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Sounds like quite a step forward - good to hear!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I’ve just noticed that the pre-out to my headphones is no longer working. I will raise a ticket with support.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Dear all, I've just upgraded to beta 10 FW 12.2.2.
Out of curiosity, I checked on the display, it shows FW 12.2.2 DOS 2.1.0 RC4.
Can anyone confirm if it's just me?
(12-Jan-2018, 03:32)waikeywi Wrote: Dear all, I've just upgraded to beta 10 FW 12.2.2.

Mine shows SW 12.2.2, DOS 2.2.0 BETA 10.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(12-Jan-2018, 09:37)brit Wrote:
(12-Jan-2018, 03:32)waikeywi Wrote: Dear all, I've just upgraded to beta 10 FW 12.2.2.

Mine shows SW 12.2.2, DOS 2.2.0 BETA 10.

David

Strange!! I must try again some time.
The new firmware caused popping noises using SOTM and my Aries streamer. Both have Femto clocking. Swapping in an Aries Mini, basically the same unit without Femto, no popping and great sound.
The Core reclocker seems to be doing its job and making external reclocking redundant.

Upnp faultless to 24/96. No more dropouts.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(13-Jan-2018, 00:03)ssfas Wrote: The new firmware caused popping noises using SOTM and my Aries streamer. Both have Femto clocking. Swapping in an Aries Mini, basically the same unit without Femto, no popping and great sound.
The Core reclocker seems to be doing its job and making external reclocking redundant.

Upnp faultless to 24/96. No more dropouts.

“Femto clocking” only means it’s a more precise clock, referring to femto seconds. It should not cause drop outs. If it does, the firmware has bugs. First time such a thing has happened...
I also have the SOtM ultra but I also use a Mutec MC3+usb and a Ref10 so my input is AES/EBU, and should not be affected, I guess you use USB.

Zoltan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500