Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
Hello all and best wishes for this New Year,
Since in receipt of our new CI 440 PRO we haven’t dared touch a thing.  Plugged in the dCS via AES and a second Ethernet to check out AIR and all worked well...the improvements wrought by the new board obvious to us.
I have followed the postings of inoperabiliity and other issues with some concern and sympathy.
My question:
Does this latest firmware issue offer any sonic improvements over the one issued with the CI late last year  Wondering whether I should wait this one out or hop in.
Thanks for any comments you may offer.
No rush for AirPlay or UpNp or whatever until completely stable.
Best
(11-Jan-2018, 15:19)Axel Wrote: I’ve just noticed that the pre-out to my headphones is no longer working. I will raise a ticket with support.

I've had the same issue-even though preOut is configured to be active in the configurator.  PreOut is  inactive  at startup but you can activate it manually using your remote-have to do it every time you turn the unit back on.  Have sent two tickets about this several weeks ago- no response yet. 

Let us know if you hear anything back from your ticket.
(13-Jan-2018, 03:51)aftonomos Wrote:
(11-Jan-2018, 15:19)Axel Wrote: I’ve just noticed that the pre-out to my headphones is no longer working. I will raise a ticket with support.

I've had the same issue-even though preOut is configured to be active in the configurator.  PreOut is  inactive  at startup but you can activate it manually using your remote-have to do it every time you turn the unit back on.  Have sent two tickets about this several weeks ago- no response yet. 

Let us know if you hear anything back from your ticket.
 There is no need to switch the pre-outs on and off. They can be left running all of the time as they have been in my system since the word go. This also frees up a remote button. I’ll let you know what Devialet say (probably nothing).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@waikeywi - Mine shows SW 12.2.2, DOS 2.2.0 BETA 10 as well, I would recommend reapplying the software update. It would appear you are still running an older version.

@Wdw If you are happy with the sound and functionality at this point in time I would recommend not doing an update at this time, IMHO.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(13-Jan-2018, 21:34)baddog Wrote: @Wdw If you are happy with the sound and functionality at this point in time I would recommend not doing an update at this time, IMHO.

Thanks for your post...will stay put for the time being.  All the best...hopefully there is some distance between your home and the mudslides.
Thanks, I am up North, so quite a bit of distance...Happy New Year!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
@waekewi
Mine shows beta 10. One point to remember is that once you’ve used the update, the Devialet removes one file. You don’t say whether you are using dual amps, but if you are, you must reload the update onto the SD Card to do the update on the second amp.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Or lock the SD card after you have put the update files on it. Then you can do both units without having to reload the update.
SXSW, US
(14-Jan-2018, 04:28)baddog Wrote: Or lock the SD card after you have put the update files on it. Then you can do both units without having to reload the update.

I did think of this option, however I was worried that the Devialet might throw a fit because it couldn’t delete the file! Smile
South Coast England
Brick 
Battle-tested over the last 3 firmware updates.
SXSW, US