Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
(18-Dec-2017, 19:16)ssfas Wrote: Just format your SD card every time you change the contents. Takes seconds and will avoid any problems.

This is a great idea. As some will know, when you delete files, they aren’t actually deleted, but hidden and are recoverable using special software, until they are overwritten. Could it be that the “deleted” config file is in some way interfering with the newly loaded file?
Can’t wait to give it a try.
BTW, do you format to fat32 or fat16, and does it make any difference?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi all!

How does version 12 sound?
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Are there any release notes for 12.1.2? Shows date of 01/12/17 but mine came back with 11.5.18 and that also showed a release date of 01/12/17. Also 11.5.18 not showing as a previous version??
Has anyone tried 12.1.2? Any thoughts?
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
First impression is that the magic of the voices is gone with 12. Just a theory: What if Devialet forgot to take out the tweaks in the software to downgrade performance of the lower models and for that reasons 11 sounded wonderful and they have now corrected that ' problem'?

I will reinstall 11 again and see if the difference is indeed what I'm hearing.

EDIT: Must be my ears. I've a cold. After downgrading I didn't hear a direct improvement so I'll just have to wait until my cold is gone I suppose to judge.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Well the ios app, working on Version 11, Now is dead Jim
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
USB input has issues with pops and clicks. This has already been mentioned as an issue on the Devialet support webpage, when the 11.5.18 firmware was released.
(19-Dec-2017, 23:04)Rama Wrote: USB input has issues with pops and clicks. This has already been mentioned as an issue on the Devialet support webpage, when the 11.5.18 firmware was released.
No pops or clicks on my system using USB fed with roon through microRendu.
I guess it is a clock issue as I am using the SoTM 200- Ultra.
(19-Dec-2017, 00:38)Axel Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 19:16)ssfas Wrote: Just format your SD card every time you change the contents. Takes seconds and will avoid any problems.

This is a great idea. As some will know, when you delete files, they aren’t actually deleted, but hidden and are recoverable using special software, until they are overwritten. Could it be that the “deleted” config file is in some way interfering with the newly loaded file?
Can’t wait to give it a try.
BTW, do you format to fat32 or fat16, and does it make any difference?

Per Devialet, use MS-DOS (FAT)

If you use a card for a software update, delete the files and clear the trash, then put a new config file on, I assure you it will not work. Overwriting config files is not a problem, I just got in the habit of an erase, that literally takes 15 seconds.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
New beta release today:

2.2.0 Beta 10
Firmware 12.2.2
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana