Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stereo Phantom gold
(21-Mar-2021, 22:48)st33f Wrote:
(21-Mar-2021, 21:03)Ebro Wrote:
(20-Mar-2021, 16:16)Bobbybina Wrote: Here it is.
https://www.devialet.com/en-us/elevate-p...e-phantom/

Why do u need the elevate program? you can just buy a second gold?

Not necessarily, they upgraded phantoms on February 2 and changed colors - matte white and black.

i got a new phantom gold on 18/03/2021 and its gloss. i am waiting for a respons from devialet bcs i want a second gold but i am not going to pay extra for a colour change.
(22-Mar-2021, 05:57)Ebro Wrote:
(21-Mar-2021, 22:48)st33f Wrote:
(21-Mar-2021, 21:03)Ebro Wrote: Why do u need the elevate program? you can just buy a second gold?

Not necessarily, they upgraded phantoms on February 2 and changed colors - matte white and black.

i got a new phantom gold on 18/03/2021 and its gloss. i am waiting for a respons from devialet bcs i want a second gold but i am not going to pay extra for a colour change.

I have never been in a shop to see the new Phanton I, but I ve never read that the new gold plated one has now matte surface. On the web site it is not specified. I think the gold plated one has just the glossy finish, as in the past. Are you sure there’s a matte finish version?
@massi.rav
You're right, there's no mention of matte white on Devialet.com, but the images are new and the white speaker is clearly matte (pun intended). My local dealer confirms that that the new version is matte. I believe the high gloss version is gone.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have the new golds, can confirm they're matte.
(22-Mar-2021, 13:33)booshtukka Wrote: I have the new golds, can confirm they're matte.

This is so fckt i saved up to buy 1 and have to save op again for a second. They change colour without warning and now i can't upgrade to a second devialet. Or i will lose a lot of money with the elevate program.
This is such a dirty move
(22-Mar-2021, 18:02)Ebro Wrote:
(22-Mar-2021, 13:33)booshtukka Wrote: I have the new golds, can confirm they're matte.

This is so fckt i saved up to buy 1 and have to save op again for a second. They change colour without warning and now i can't upgrade to a second devialet. Or i will lose a lot of money with the elevate program.
This is such a dirty move

I suggest you contact Devialet and ask for a glossy Gold Phantom. They might have stock or sell you a refurbished one they currently might collect through their replacement program.

Thank you guys, I didn’t know that.

Good to know that the new versions are matte finish. They should update the site or specify it. I wouldn’t like to be a customer that has one glossy white and buying a second one would receive it with with a matte finish....
Update:
I ordered 2 new matte phantom golds 108db and like you guys said, it is a huge difference. so for everyone that is not sure to buy a second one or just stay with 1. it's sooo much better if you have them in stereo. Right away you feel that the bass is a lot deeper and it hits you hard when you turn up the volume, Also at low volume you get a lot more bas!
to my surprise the voices in fims and music sounded very different, it's just mindblowing, when i had 1 phantom gold i was so surprised off it's performance, i never thought that 2 would be so much better. thanks for all the help!
(12-Apr-2021, 19:59)Ebro Wrote: Update:
I ordered 2 new matte phantom golds 108db and like you guys said, it is a huge difference. so for everyone that is not sure to buy a second one or just stay with 1. it's sooo much better if you have them in stereo. Right away you feel that the bass is a lot deeper and it hits you hard when you turn up the volume, Also at low volume you get a lot more bas!
to my surprise the voices in fims and music sounded very different, it's just mindblowing, when i had 1 phantom gold i was so surprised off it's performance, i never thought that 2 would be so much better. thanks for all the help!

I'm getting a second one this week, let's see if you're right  Big Grin
i am in the same boat i have one gold... is it that much better in stereo? i have no way to audition them.. will have to buy blindly.. thats why not sure of it .. also its damn expensive Sad