Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stereo Phantom gold
I blame Devialet for totally under playing how good a stereo pair are.  And most of the reviewers audition ONE!  So, we have many people owning a lonely, single Phantom, none the wiser.

We should make a banner for both the Phantom I & II forums: a stereo pair of Phantom I or II sounds better than a lonely one!
(13-Apr-2021, 13:33)Snoopy8 Wrote: I blame Devialet for totally under playing how good a stereo pair are.  And most of the reviewers audition ONE!  So, we have many people owning a lonely, single Phantom, none the wiser.

We should make a banner for both the Phantom I & II forums: a stereo pair of Phantom I or II sounds better than a lonely one!

Ya I guess u are right they also not very well received in audiophile community as compared to other wireless speakers like the formation duo and the kefs .. only steve huff has given them a good review as he reviewed them in stereo but later said that kefs might be better. I have heard the kefs le 50 in my room I wasn’t impressed with them .
(13-Apr-2021, 14:31)bluestar Wrote: Ya I guess u are right they also not very well received in audiophile community as compared to other wireless speakers like the formation duo and the kefs .. only steve huff has given them a good review as he reviewed them in stereo but later said that kefs might be better. I have heard the kefs le 50 in my room I wasn’t impressed with them .
Yes, agree they are not well received. On another audiophile forum, there were a lot of stunned people when I moved to the Phantoms. Too many people see the Phantom as an uber expensive Bluetooth boom box. For that, Devialet must take a lot of blame.
(13-Apr-2021, 11:54)bluestar Wrote: i am in the same boat i have one gold... is it that much better in stereo? i have no way to audition them.. will have to buy blindly.. thats why not sure of it .. also its damn expensive Sad
i did not believe that they would be a lot better in stereo, but i just closed my eyes did not think about the price tag and ordered the second one. and now that i heard the stereo its worth every penny. so if you have the money it is so worth it.
Hey thank you 

Also as I am short on funds right now. Let’s say I buy one in a couple of months by then I am assuming only the matte one will be available, if I get past the fact that I will have one matte and one glossy , will the sound be the same or it will be different as on some threads I hve heard it has different internals and may sound better than the old one
(14-Apr-2021, 06:10)bluestar Wrote: Hey thank you 

Also as I am short on funds right now. Let’s say I buy one in a couple of months by then I am assuming only the matte one will be available, if I get past the fact that I will have one matte and one glossy , will the sound be the same or it will be different as on some threads I hve heard it has different internals and may sound better than the old one

i had contact with devialet and they have a limited stock gloss phantoms (they can add the gloss one in your account to order)
They had no idea for how long the stock will last. if you know u want a stereo pair. be aware that the matt finish is so much different then the gloss one, so you will see it very clearly that they are not the same. also you have the option to upgrade your old one to the new ones for 1400 euro but that will crank up the total price of the pair alot. so consider what u will do bcs when the gloss ones are gone they are gone.. ( had the same problem i had 1 gloss phantom, now i have 2 matt ones)

Question1: How old is you phantom?

Question2: do you have devialet care?
(14-Apr-2021, 18:22)Ebro Wrote:

i had contact with devialet and they have a limited stock gloss phantoms (they can add the gloss one in your account to order)
They had no idea for how long the stock will last. if you know u want a stereo pair. be aware that the matt finish is so much different then the gloss one, so you will see it very clearly that they are not the same. also you have the option to upgrade your old one to the new ones for 1400 euro but that will crank up the total price of the pair alot. so consider what u will do bcs when the gloss ones are gone they are gone.. ( had the same problem i had 1 gloss phantom, now i have 2 matt ones)

hey
my phantom is about 3 yrs old
i dont have devialet care Sad
(15-Apr-2021, 06:38)bluestar Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 18:22)Ebro Wrote:

hey

Then it's a tough decision to make... it wil be:
1 buying a gloss now
2 buy a matte later and have 2 different speakers
3 use the elevate program an pay 1400 euro to upgrade your old one and buy a new matte

I think that are the options.
I wish u luck in deciding. It is a very hard choice
(15-Apr-2021, 15:07)Ebro Wrote:
(15-Apr-2021, 06:38)bluestar Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 18:22)Ebro Wrote: i had contact with devialet and they have a limited stock gloss phantoms (they can add the gloss one in your account to order)

hey

Then it's a tough decision to make... it wil be:
1 buying a gloss now
2 buy a matte later and have 2 different speakers
3 use the elevate program an pay 1400 euro to upgrade your old one and buy a new matte

I think that are the options.
I wish u luck in deciding. It is a very hard choice
Ya I guess.. thank you for your help Smile