Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"upcoming Devialet products"
The seller of the phantoms actually told me that they were developing such a module, that has been over a year ago
Well it does not seem to happen...pity, i would immediately buy a full set of black phantom ones and 2 little ones for my cinema setup
Kind of lost hope, the huawei cooperative thingy is not what i had in mind Sad
(15-Feb-2022, 22:08)Razza1974 Wrote:
(15-Feb-2022, 16:18)Crilch Wrote:
(13-Feb-2022, 16:43)ragwo Wrote: @Crilch
That's exciting news! Don't tell my better half though, she is more than a willing to sacrifice my Phantom surround setup for a soundbar.

If you say so, I wont Wink

But I think the salesman said it was only an 2:1 soundbar. So i dont think it will be challenger to your real surround setup.
A 5.5 surround setup with Phantoms? Thats possible? Doesnt it endager the structural intergrity of your house if you turn them up? Big Grin
You connected them via optical or wirelessly? Can you send me a link to how you did it? Im really interrested in it.
Can one also do a 5.5 or 5.0 setup with Phantom 1s AND Phantom Reactors at the same time? Like L/R front Phantom 1 and as a center and L/R back Reactors? Or does it distort the sound spectrum?
Questions over questions...

Greets,

Chris

That's dissapointing, a 2:1 soundbar is not even comparable to 2 golds. I was hoping that it would be a subwoofer and control center for a surround setup with phantoms (so that you dont need to do all kinds of tricky stuff like ragwo and njaiwal Smile, aaaah well, devialet had never been about the easy way (although my phantoms do fine)

Just to be clear:

Please take nothing that I say for a fact. The guy at the hifi store only told me that Devialet is going to release a soundbar. (So i dont think it is developed in cooperation with an other company)

Possibly in the same price range like a Phantom. Maybe he meant priced like two Phantoms, maybe even Opera Edition, then it will be very expensive.
But its Devialet, so who knows... Big Grin  
(My guess with 2000-3000 Euros could then be completly incorrect.)

I didnt ask any more questions about it, because i was not really interrested in a soundbar.
If the soundbar will really function as a controller for a surround setup, then a higher price will most definitely be the case.
Ragwo said something about 16 woofers, if thats true it could be a real beast. Wink
I think he said nothing explicitly about surround functions. So for me it sounded more like a stereo soundbar. Maybe it is and will function, like you said, as a center control speaker for a surround setup with phantoms.
That sounds pretty interresting and if its the case, well thought through by Devialet.

Im going to ask him again, maybe i can get some more information.
So, I asked again yesterday...
The soundbar has 18 Drivers in total, Dolby Atmos surround sound cappable, 2400Euro is the price he told me.
It is sadly not supposed to function as a surround controller for the Phantoms... He said this was also the first thing he asked the guys from Devialet.
Release will be in march.
(22-Feb-2022, 16:47)Crilch Wrote: So, I asked again yesterday...
The soundbar has 18 Drivers in total, Dolby Atmos surround sound cappable, 2400Euro is the price he told me.
It is sadly not supposed to function as a surround controller for the Phantoms... He said this was also the first thing he asked the guys from Devialet.
Release will be in march.

Thanks @Crilch! Looks like Devialet is successively trying to leverage their innovation (and brand equity) into higher volume segments. Makes sense from a technology perspective, innovations like ADH and HBI that aid miniaturisation are a perfect fit for multi-channel, and probably less risky from a brand perspective than going way downmarket and releasing an all-in-one at a much lower pricepoint to go head-to-head with a HomePod or a Sonos. I would still think a more volume-oriented product would need a different distribution starategy though. Let’s see..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there any update?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Seems like something is coming pretty soon

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Mar-2022, 19:46)ragwo Wrote: Seems like something is coming pretty soon

Interesting maybe this soundbar Big Grin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mirrors in the background, and is that smoke I see up top?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It's the soundbar, for sure.

https://www.devialet.com/en-no/soundbar/
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12