Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"upcoming Devialet products"
(30-Mar-2022, 16:20)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Mar-2022, 11:51)Shulaf Wrote:
(30-Mar-2022, 09:19)philip78 Wrote: Just FYI.. got in touch with Devialet customer service - currently, the Dione cannot be linked with Phantoms and the TV simultaneously (ie. cannot be used as one unit/two phantoms at the back for true surround effect).

You can create surround using airplay, although it’s Apple bounded

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

How do you do that? Can you route the Dolby Atmos channels to the speakers you'd like?

What you can do is use a IOS device with a streaming service installed and select your Dione with all Phantoms as output device in the menu. Than audio will be played over all speakers.

The devialet product page states the following:

Devialet Dione also integrates into a Phantom multiroom configuration through Airplay2. This set-up is also possible for any Airplay 2-enabled speaker if you use iOS.
(30-Mar-2022, 19:07)Shulaf Wrote: What you can do is use a IOS device with a streaming service installed and select your Dione with all Phantoms as output device in the menu. Than audio will be played over all speakers.

Devialet Dione also integrates into a Phantom multiroom configuration through Airplay2. This set-up is also possible for any Airplay 2-enabled speaker if you use iOS.
Surround and multi-room are not the same thing. Surround requires a decoder to read the metadata and separate out the channels in order to route them to the right speaker. Multi-room is just duplicating the signal to multiple speakers or stereo pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Mar-2022, 19:40)struts Wrote:
(30-Mar-2022, 19:07)Shulaf Wrote: What you can do is use a IOS device with a streaming service installed and select your Dione with all Phantoms as output device in the menu. Than audio will be played over all speakers.

Surround and multi-room are not the same thing. Surround requires a decoder to read the metadata and separate out the channels in order to route them to the right speaker. Multi-room is just duplicating the signal to multiple speakers or stereo pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Struts,

What I mean with Apple bounded. Apple has a spatial audio format just like other streaming services a multiroom soundformat to play on all your speakers it sounds really good it creates a surround effect. And it is for music and movies it creates added value.

For the Dolby Atmos part I agree no options. On the other hand. I really see no added value with this soundbar. The soundbar is configured that well that you could hear rain fall from above or a helicopter fly by. The only soundbar which was/is capable of that in the past was the Yamaha Ysp-5600 + sub but in a much more modest way.

This is really stunning!
(30-Mar-2022, 21:25)Shulaf Wrote: Hi Struts,

What I mean with Apple bounded. Apple has a spatial audio format just like other streaming services a multiroom soundformat to play on all your speakers it sounds really good it creates a surround effect. And it is for music and movies it creates added value.

For the Dolby Atmos part I agree no options. On the other hand. I really see no added value with this soundbar. The soundbar is configured that well that you could hear rain fall from above or a helicopter fly by. The only soundbar which was/is capable of that in the past was the Yamaha Ysp-5600 + sub but in a much more modest way.

This is really stunning!

Thanks @Shulaf.  I guess I really hadn't understood what Spatial Audio really was and how it relates to Surround Sound*.

I did some digging but it opened a bit of a can of worms so I decided to start a new thread on this topic, here.

* I still maintain that this has nothing to do with multi-room per se  Wink