Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade from D500 (2xD-Premier) to 1000 Pro
hello

i just sent my devialets to paris as i saw that devialet changed the price for 1000pro upgrade Rolleyes

i bougt the first one in 2013 and the second one in 2015
I was very happy despite some issues with air and hi-res music

now i am looking forward to my 1000 Pro and cant await until the return

how long do i have to wait? what are you thinking? i live in austria and the shipment took 2 days to paris

i listened to D800 in my invironment for a view days and it was much better then my D500. i never heard a 1000Pro in my invironment nor elsewhere so i am realy exciting Rolleyes
Windows10 => Jriver => Airport Extreme(5.Gen) => 1000ProCI => Canton Reference 2.2DC
AT
Hi,
I went from D-Premier to D800 to 1000Pro. The step from D800 (via USB, Mutec MC3/REF10) to D1000 (Roon RAAT via Wifi) was bigger than from D-Premier to D800. Wifi is working wiothout any issues, Ethernet seems to have some. But for me Wifi (Fritzbox 7590) was sounding better than Ethernet with Aqvox SE switch and good Ethernet cables.
As a next step you should go for Audioquest Blizzards and a Niagara 5000/7000. This makes another huge difference with the Devialets.
Interesting that the 250/1000 is listed as "OUT OF STOCK", but upgrades to the D1000 is still available. It must be the cabinets that are unavailable, not any of the electronics.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Sep-2020, 07:23)Vivialet Wrote: Hi,
I went from D-Premier to D800 to 1000Pro. The step from D800 (via USB, Mutec MC3/REF10) to D1000 (Roon RAAT via Wifi) was bigger than from D-Premier to D800. Wifi is working wiothout any issues, Ethernet seems to have some. But for me Wifi (Fritzbox 7590) was sounding better than Ethernet with Aqvox SE switch and good Ethernet cables.
As a next step you should go for Audioquest Blizzards and a Niagara 5000/7000. This makes another huge difference with the Devialets.

Power filtering certainly helps.

I would personally recommend the Shunyata brand for filters and power cables.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
thanks for your suggestions.
i dont think i will buy a power conditioner in the near future but i keep that in mind and try to test one someday.
for the moment i am contenting with the upgrade from D500 to D1000

how long did you wait until the devialtes returnd from france?
Windows10 => Jriver => Airport Extreme(5.Gen) => 1000ProCI => Canton Reference 2.2DC
AT
the Pro update was very quick, within 1 week I got my Amps back. But that was at a time when the CI board was not yet available. So I had to send them in again some month later, and that took 3 weeks or so. I think they simply forgot my amps, because after I asked for them they were shipped the same day...
btw., I'm located in Germany.
The Audioquest Niagara is not only about power conditioning, it can deliver up to 80A current for some ms which really helps the switching power supply of the devialet. For me a must have.
When I had my 250 upgraded to Pro back in 2016 they used around two weeks if my memory serves me right. Maybe three weeks including shipping.

EDIT: as @Vivialet says above, the CI board required another trip to Paris. I also had to 'remind' them after a couple of weeks. My amp was with me two days after..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
haha, so i am curious whether i have to remind them too....
AT
unfortunately they have problems to deliver some parts from D250/1000 and i still have to wait

but as i see on the devialet page D250/1000 are available again so i hope waiting will soon be over
AT
(07-Oct-2020, 20:33)soundstorm Wrote: unfortunately they have problems to deliver some parts from D250/1000 and i still have to wait

but as i see on the devialet page D250/1000 are available again so i hope waiting will soon be over

Currently my D800 is in France, too, waiting to be upgraded. I asked for a status, but so far no news...
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material