Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Don't feel bad agentsmith, while I did receive the Core Infinity Announcement, I have not received the Roon offer. I would suggest dropping a line to Devialet support.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(14-Jul-2017, 05:12)baddog Wrote: Don't feel bad agentsmith, while I did receive the Core Infinity Announcement, I have not received the Roon offer. I would suggest dropping a line to Devialet support.

Thanks, I did place a support call to make sure I am registered.

I have long been a lifer the Roon.  But the marriage of Roon and Devialet is definitely a marketing dream for both companies.  I now see Roon as a platform for audio hardware, turning every network audio devices into another Sooloos machine, a MS Windows of networked Audio.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.
250Pro, 800d3 and High Fidelity Cables are ears openers. ?️‍♀️
Pro 1000, High Fidelity speaker cables, B&W 800d2 bi-amplified, Niagara 3000, Nuprime SW8, rj45 Vovox Excelsus, Qobuz Sublime, JRiver 27
(14-Jul-2017, 08:42)[email protected] Wrote: Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.

Thank you for sharing this.

Have you already checked a following link and configured Roon as suggested there?
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Sound_Quality
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(14-Jul-2017, 08:42)[email protected] Wrote: Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.

That is interesting, given that Roon is accessing the Devialet directly without Devialet Air resident driver, it should give better SQ.  

May be give it a little listen with different kinds of music to further confirm?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

IME this would be what I would expect. More convenient (for a non-Qobuz user), maybe but I wouldn't expect the SQ to be better than what is, IME, the pretty optimised digital system you are already using...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I was using a NUC 6i5 as the core and a 2011 Mac Mini as the output. 

Now that Roon is in the Air, the Devialet functions as the end point the noise floor just plunges and the sound quality improves quite a bit. Very very happy with the new setup. Now I can get rid of the Mac Mini.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Just a quick reminder that this is the Streamer / OS Board thread.

Clearly the new Roon integrated AIR is creating much excitement, which is great. Smile  Indeed, there are now multiple threads covering Roon AIR.

So it is a little puzzling that we are getting many Roon AIR sound quality related posts in the Streamer Board thread?

My current observation is that the streamer board is completely silent, due to it not existing. Angry

So folks!  Why not keep the posts on topic in the many other AIR Roon threads, and leave this one for it's intended purpose of endlessly speculating, spreading rumours, and complaining about Devialet. Huh

Thanks!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12