Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
(01-Dec-2014, 15:55)stefanfreij Wrote: He is the maker of the Contacts on the boxes

Contacts?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Dec-2014, 16:07)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 15:55)stefanfreij Wrote: He is the maker of the Contacts on the boxes

Contacts?

Guillaume

Sorry for my bad English, "Grounding Posts" Smile
Hi All

I have a Silver Minimus on my router and a Silver Tellus on my Devialet and would definitely not want to be without them now! They are really good.

Is anyone using or have experience of the Powerus or Cleanus products?
I was getting ready to order a Silver Minimus and the 2 TOL cables. Bruce at Stillpoints says there is a new grounding box coming out soon that would be more suitable. I forgot the name but I will write name when I go to work in morning.
In an email Bruce at Stillpoints says a new grounding box, the Olympus, is coming out soon with 1 connection instead of 4. It is at least equal to Silver Tellus level of performance. I will be getting price and availability. He also says the level of improvement is BIG. Hard for me to believe, but I have learned to keep an open ear.
If you haven't read it check out the Entreq thread on WBF:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...-grounding

Post # 817 is from a US Entreq Dealer answering some of my questions.
(05-Dec-2014, 20:29)marcbrown Wrote: In an email Bruce at Stillpoints says a new grounding box, the Olympus, is coming out soon with 1 connection instead of 4. It is at least equal to Silver Tellus level of performance. I will be getting price and availability. He also says the level of improvement is BIG. Hard for me to believe, but I have learned to keep an open ear.

If that email is genuine, when do these retail guys ever learn about marketing?

If the new Olympus model is a lot better ("the level of improvement is BIG"), then the stuff people have just bought is now a lot worse that you can buy very soon.

Dealers demonstrating this difference personally through blind listening tests will clearly demonstrate this ... (ROFL)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(09-Dec-2014, 01:13)mauidan Wrote: If you haven't read it check out the Entreq thread on WBF:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...-grounding

Post # 817 is from a US Entreq Dealer answering some of my questions.

I think you'd be a lot better off contacting Entreq directly in Sweden. As you know Stillpoints have only recently been appointed distributors and I can't imagine any US dealers have much experience with the products yet.

I'm sure Per-Olof Friberg would be happy to answer your questions, when I first heard about Entreq I called him directly in Sweden to find out more.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi,

Have actually got my Olympus for test and new Apollo Cables.
The Pictures show the sizes, other one is the Silver Tellus.

Olympus have one (1) sterling silver ground post, bad thing if using the Atlantis Cables, because this baby handle my 800 much better, let me explain..
My system, Dev 800, Olympus, Apollo Cables and my new Scala v2 for the test.

Removed the Silver Tellus and my Atlantis cables. Connected the Olympus and connected the Apollo to the first RCA (phono) in both Devialet. From the first beat it sounded much "heavier" and clearer in a much better way then the Silver Tellus have ever give me, could not believe it. Called Mikael (Per-Olof tester and maker of several components) and he explained to me that it could be that Silver Tellus is to much for the Dev. units alone (i have only my Devs connected), maybe draining the units to hard and "holding" back the sound stage.

I will keep this!
If i want to use my Atlantis i have to buy one more unit! Smile
If you are thinking of "earthing" more than two units with your Olympus, i do not think it will be for you.
Per-Olof is making a much larger Olympus to replace Silver Tellus as we speak Smile

Sending some pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

stefanfreij,

What does the Olympus cost?