Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect TV and Sonos Port to Devialet Expert Pro
Hi @dlange Daniel,

Welcome! I think I can give you some solid answers to some of your questions. I'm just moving away from a modified Sonos:CONNECT as the front end of my system with a Devialet amp. I do not use my stereo with the TV, but others do and I'm sure that you will get some excellent guidance. Note that there is a start up sequence with the Devialet that takes about 20 seconds or so, and there is no sound in that time.

If everything is grouped together, I'd almost suggest connecting the TV to the Sonos Port, rather than to the Devialet.

For your question group #2, I can help. The Connect is similar to the Port, but also has a coax output as well as the optical out. When I had a stock Connect I used the optical out from the Sonos into the Devialet. When I replaced the stock Connect with the Wyred4Sound modified Connect, I used the Coax out from the Connect into the Devialet.

Assuming the Port has similar functionality to the Connect, I set the optical / Coax output, as assigned to 'Living Room' to a fixed level output. The Connect was also connected to a Sonos Amp which powered the in-wall speakers in our kitchen.

For general listening in the kitchen, we used the Sonos app and played music in the kitchen. If we wanted to do more serious listening or have more sound, I would manually turn the Devialet on, and because the Sonos output to the Dev was set to a fixed volume, we used the Devialet remote to control the volume in the living room. This was our preference, to have the two systems controlled separately for volume, and it worked perfectly.

I don't think the Connect had a trigger out, but I'm not certain. The Devialet has a trigger port, which should work to wake it up, if it detects a signal and the trigger function is turned on in the Configurator. Others will step in here; I have not used the trigger function.

Since the Port only has an optical out, that will be your only 'pure' digital signal out option from the Port.

I'm selling my W4S Connect and it's in the box, so I'm going on recent memory, but I am confident the Port will satisfy domestic demands for getting the full range of streaming services and radio to the Devialet. I had that exact same demand here.

I'm not sure if I've answered your questions adequately or clearly. If not, let me know and I'll clarify or expand as requested.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connect TV and Sonos Port to Devialet Expert Pro - by Damon - 21-Feb-2021, 00:42