Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
(30-Apr-2018, 10:51)Confused Wrote: @zdenes There is a good reason I have not tried the LPS-1 with the SOtM kit.  The LPS-1 has a maximum of 7v, the SOtM kit is 12v.  Curiously, May from SOtM has advised me that the 12v tX-USBultra and sMS-200Ultra work well if powered with 9v.  I have this with my sPS-500 set to 9v, and yes, it works fine.  Very strange!

Sorry, I have little knowledge on the LPS-1. I saw that some people tried that but I guess they must have the low voltage setting on the SOtM products.

Anyway, I converting the SOtM units from 9V to 12V is just removing a jumper. That probably engages or disengages and additional voltage regulator and burns voltage as heat. The units perhaps are optimised 9V. Apparently, Mr.Lee from SOtM suggested so. I read that at least one person found the original SMS-200 better on 12V but cannot recall any comparison on either the SMS-200ultra or the tx-USBultra. 
What do you hear? Any differences?
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by zdenes - 30-Apr-2018, 13:49