Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromecast support
(23-Sep-2015, 08:24)karebe Wrote: Probably the HDMI connection between Chromecast device and TV is the key. If this HDMI connection is always active than an HDMI audio "extractor/converter/splitter" could be a solution. It splits the audio signal into an optical one and in an HDMI signal (leaves it unchanged). The optical output could be connected to your Phantom or Dialog.

Yes: just to be clear, I'm talking about the Phantom being a Chromecast-enabled speaker like (all things being equal) those: http://www.google.com/cast/audio/ . So no HDMI problems, fortunately!

I'll continue with the network protocol when I find a bit of time - it looks pretty complex compared to simple stuff like the venerable Squeezebox protocol (for pretty much the same result), but unless Devialet chose to sign their packets or do public key encryption, no reason why it shouldn't be possible to emulate it. Then I'll be able to use my Phantoms as a squeezebox or subsonic-enabled speaker, since all my music at hope goes through those...

Messages In This Thread
Chromecast support - by edo - 23-Sep-2015, 07:06
Chromecast support - by Phs - 23-Sep-2015, 16:21
RE: Chromecast support - by Les Anderson - 23-Sep-2015, 23:49
RE: Chromecast support - by edo - 24-Sep-2015, 00:48