Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
after my 1000pro was returned from the CI update I started directly with RC3. AIR was working but not really stable, so I only did some comparisons to the Mutecs with the original Devialet AIR driver in foobar. Mutec was better so I continued using them. Now with the latest beta and Roon things have changed. I'm now using Roon the first time and the combination of Roon/AIR and the new firmware beats the Mutecs now.
All this depends on the influence of other components like the PC and the Wifi Router (Fritzbox 7390 in my case), so in a different environment the result can be different again. But it's definitly worth to re-evaluate Roon/AIR to other solutions.

@Confused: especially if you are experimenting with Room correction and filters I would try the new beta as things really may change. There is more bass and less glare now, so maybe you would end up with different filters...as I'm currently doing...

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra - by Vivialet - 12-May-2018, 10:23