Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
I recall the active crossovers being discussed at the OAC event last summer. The way it was described to me was that Devialet can say to the speaker manufacturers "tell us what the perfect characteristics for your crossover would be", and then armed with information, Devialet could create it electronically within the Expert's DSP. The idea being that a passive crossover has compromises and may suffer from phase and timing issues, together with losses, the Devialet solution could correct phase and timing within DSP and so offer a theoretically perfect crossover.

Peter mentions that that stet-up in Munich sounded bad. To be honest, looking at the room, I am not surprised! Hard floor, walls and a massive glass window, not the best for a good sound I suspect.

So if done correctly I think the Devialet system could produce good results. I think you would need to be relatively relaxed about the costs involved, any gains achieved would need to be balanced against the enormously high costs of this system. Imagine buying another 1000Pro, and a 250pro, and then getting the notification for the next upgrade scheme.

I might be wrong, but if you were spending this kind of money on an upgrade I suspect that better results could be found elsewhere.

I did briefly think that I could at least try this using my 1000Pro as two 250's with active crossover. I then remembered that this would involve ripping part of the crossovers out of my Blades. That thought has gone now!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom? - by Confused - 14-Nov-2018, 14:05