Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(04-Mar-2019, 03:49)ICUDoc Wrote: With the new Oreas in my system, I am STILL noticing a big improvement.

(27-Mar-2019, 23:37)audio_engr Wrote: Trust me, in some more time as things settle in, you'll only discover 'good things' the OREAs are doing to your 250 ...

Friends, a quick question and follow up on the points quoted above. A few weeks ago, I bought three bronze footers and put them under my amp, with no other changes. Then, last weekend, I spent some time going through cords and things, removing every add-on, and then adding items one by one, and at one point put the footers in again. I also believe that I noticed changes and improvements similar to those described by others in this thread.

It seemed to me also that the sound 'settled' in after a day or two after the footers were put in place. Almost as if they adjust or get squished to the right point in supporting the amp. A minor change, but I noticed it both times after installing the footers.

Am I describing this in a way that seems familiar to others? Did/ do others feel that the effect of the footers improved with a bit of time with them in place? Isolation puck burn in? Compression coefficient? Crikey, I hope not. But they do make a nice difference even on a system at the level of mine. 

The degree of change in my system was modest, but noticeable and positive. My electronics are on wall-mounted shelves, and the speakers are bottom-ported, so the vibration circle in my room may be a factor in the impact the footers have.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Wdw - 01-Dec-2018, 21:51
RE: IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers - by Damon - 09-Apr-2019, 15:29