Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST
(02-Jan-2019, 07:43)Pim Wrote:
(02-Jan-2019, 05:00)msl Wrote: Hi there - I started the other thread and I find it interesting that even in this thread you still acknowledge what is by definition bad customer service.

I'm not here to troll or anything else, but for any brand the goal of the customer experience should always be frictionless, with the least amount of pain points. This doesn't ever seem to be the case when it comes to any Devialet experience - their first fail is communication. And that fail seems to continue - I'm glad they made the situation right on your $40K purchase, but if they couldn't do that I would imagine you'd be quite angry about the situation.

I'd love to go to my dealer but I no longer live in that country.

Let's all have a real honest look at this - they cannot seem to figure out how to communicate at the first touch as evidenced by so many stories here (and in other threads). Making things right in the end is not customer service, its last ditch customer retention.

Hi @msl,

I started this thread not as a counter to your thread (even though the title suggests that) but because I am genuinely happy with what Devialet have done for me. 

Customer support isn't always easy. I used to work in consumer electronics and my old employer used to say:" A good customer complains. A bad customer takes their business elsewhere". By that measure you are a good customer, I'm just a happy one. Or call it lucky. 

I don't know what to make of your situation. It seems Devialet is turning into quite a large company. That means the service will mostly have to be provided by dealers and importers first. Devialet do a bit of everything (dealer, importer and themselves) and that can make things confusing. Both for the consumer and Devialet staff themselves. This is somewhat a sign of the time we live in. There used to be much clearer rules before the internet. Nowadays anyone can flick off an email directly to the manufacturer. Overseas phone calls cost nothing more that a few cents. What is a staff member to do with a question about a remote control? The least they should do is give you the contact info of your country's importer. If they fail that, then that's definitely a bad thing. I agree their communication lacks speed and accuracy but once they get the ball rolling I can't fault them.

At the end of the day, everyone will have a different experience. In my old job I've had people buying me white chocolate bars because they knew I liked them and I've had people tell me they never wanted me to step a foot in their place again. Same company, same person. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

I hope you get your problem sorted msl. There's too much fun to be had with the D200 to waste your time chasing up repairs.

Happy new year,

Pim

I'd like to be enjoying my D200...that's the issue. If it was working then I wouldn't have anything to say at all about their customer service other than my purchase experience was pleasant. 

The size, growth, complication, etc...don't excuse behavior - It should signal the need for more investment in customer service infrastructure and other efforts that not only focus on brand expansion. 

The expert system no matter how universally liked or technologically advanced is a product that is getting long in the tooth - especially for us who did not want to invest further thousands in the CI upgrade. High end audio consumers tend to not be very brand loyal (except for a handful of brands)...There will always be a newer, shinier object coming down the road. This is a key inflection point for all of the Expert systems out there that are about to go off warranty (and I bet there are a lot within the next 18 months) - I'd be willing to wager the patience and kind language being used here will change significantly once these costs are no longer covered and actual consumers will be out actual thousands of dollars...and the second hand market tanks.

that is unless its going to be the last high end audio purchase of your life...which brings me back to my original point. Creating a strong culture of customer service to build brand loyalty when things go wrong and you are responsible for those costs (off warranty)

just my $.02
D200, Sonus Faber Olympica I, Linn LP12

Messages In This Thread
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST - by Pim - 29-Dec-2018, 03:54
RE: Devialet Customer Service is the BEST - by msl - 02-Jan-2019, 23:10