Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
There was a note yesterday on the Roon forums that acknowledged this problem and that they are continuing to work on it with hopefully a solution soon.

Given that it is working fine for many, I have continued to try various permutations of the PCs running RoonServer and ethernet cables & configurations between server, router and Devialet. Last night I tried forcing down my PC ethernet speed from the standard gigabit speed that my home network runs at to 100 mbps full duplex. Damn, that worked! No more "audio file loading slow..." error. No dropouts.

Any network engineers out there that may be able to explain what's going on? I've never experienced any poblems on my home network and never an issue streaming RAAT to another endpoint. Could there be an issue with Devialet's ethernet and RAAT at the gigabit speed?

For those that are NOT having a problem using Roon RAAT to your Expert Pro, what is the speed of your ethernet on the box running Roon Core?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 15-Mar-2019, 13:34