Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~$10K speaker budget - Focal Kanta 2/3s or choose something else?
The responses are phenomenal! keep them coming.

So I went to a couple of hifi shops today:
The Kanta 2 was out of stock, but auditioned the Kanta 3s. Loved the image - very nice mid-range and the tweeter sings! The bass was a bit muddy and thin which seems weird, but based on what I've heard from other reviewers, am pretty sure that the speakers can generate good bass. It must have been something in the room set up. Am getting a 25% off - coming to approx ~$11K.

Then I went to another shop and they told me to come in tomorrow and try out:
B&W 804d3
Wilson Sabrinas (used)
Asked me to get my devialet as well - that ways it'll basically be my actual setup!

I've seen a few of you have been quite happy with the 804 d3s .... any quirks I should be aware of? I probably need to check efficiency of these speakers and whether my 220pro can drive them well as well as how low the bass goes ... some homework to be done I guess

I haven't seen any overt mention of the Wilson Sabrinas - anyone have these and can point me on what to expect?
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: ~$10K speaker budget - Focal Kanta 2/3s or choose something else? - by zambie - 19-Nov-2020, 02:31