Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
I'm glad to see the positive feedbacks on the Mac version thread Smile

It's hard to wait for the windows version.
I've asked the support for visibility of a possible beta version for windows.... no answer.

Do you have more information ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
It's impossible to wait even!!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
The Devialet engineers are working very hard on Windows AIR 3 and it will be available soon ........
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hmmm... not frantically yet?
But hey that's good news, Confused.
Not holding my breath ofc.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
AIR always sounded great to me ......for the 20 minutes or so I actually got to listen to it before the white noise.

Pleased for you guys that have been so patient and I hope it works for you. Me I have moved on and won't go back to AIR as I wasted far too much time on it.

Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(21-May-2016, 09:18)Womaz Wrote: AIR always sounded great to me ......for the 20 minutes or so I actually got to listen to it before the white noise.

Pleased for you guys that have been so patient and I hope it works for you. Me I have moved on and won't go back to AIR as I wasted far too much time on it.

Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)

At the Melco stand at the HighEnd Munich a employee of Melco told me that the app will come this year...
So not very specific...., but a light in the darkness...
Also I had been told that roon is not possible on NA1, because the hardware can't do the job. That was no good news. If it is possible to update the hardware, he could not say at that time, maybe...
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(21-May-2016, 09:18)Womaz Wrote: Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)

Bit OT here, but what additional features would you be expecting from the Melco app that you are unable to get from apps like the Lumin, etc? Phase reversal and upsampling?
(21-May-2016, 11:53)nicoludio Wrote:
(21-May-2016, 09:18)Womaz Wrote: Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)

Bit OT here, but what additional features would you be expecting from the Melco app that you are unable to get from apps like the Lumin, etc?  Phase reversal and upsampling?

I was more sort of defending Devialet than slagging Melco off as they too are very slow at delivering on their promises.
I dont really expect a lot from an app to be honest. Lumin and Arcam just dodnt work for me as they keep losing the connection to the 200 using my IPad.
I use Kinsky as it is reliable but it is so dated. I do like to add a few tracks to a playlist and hit shuffle play......and 8 months down the line i still cant do that. I find that frustrating.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I think there must be something with AIR that specific to each network. . I have been running AIR with no problems whatsoever for 8 months or so. . .shortly after I got my D200. I only rarely have issues when playing DSD files (which specifically are not supported. . Nothing beyond 192) and that when I have my MacBook Pro next to my system. At 192 or below my AIR has been rock solid. I am running it on a PC I picked up at Costco for a few hundred bucks. It only runs Roon Server and AIR.

Smarter people than me have tried to make it work to no avail, I think it has to be highly home/location specific. This makes me believe that any "fix" via AIR 3 will also have the same issues. . .
FYI, I'm still waiting (1 week) for an answer from the support, no comment nor communication received...
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -