Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
(23-Jul-2016, 06:02)Saunter Wrote: Hello,

Sorry if this is obvious or the information is somewhere else but i can't find it.

I am on Roon trial and am pretty sure i want to subscribe.  However, i will be getting a purposed Windows laptop for music but not before my trial ends.
Can i move it to my new laptop ? Or would i have to subscribe again ?

Thanks

You could move to a new laptop.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Besides the differing hardware and software another mechanism at play probably is splitting the Roon Server part from the rendering part, so the 'dual machine' setup with Roon RAAT used in between. Many people have noticed differences here, I can't remember exactly/in detail how or what (it's all on the Roon forum and also CA) but I've even read that with Roon 1.1 the single PC setup sounded better than dual PC setup and in Roon 1.2 this was the other way around (or vice versa).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Has anyone tried the Roon with HQPlayer set up? I'm thinking of giving this a try in the not too distant future.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Jul-2016, 18:00)Confused Wrote: Has anyone tried the Roon with HQPlayer set up?  I'm thinking of giving this a try in the not too distant future.

Yeah, it's very easy to integrate with Roon, and there are some good docs on their (Roons) website. Andybob makes some good posts.
Since you've got a uRendu; essentially put your uRendu in NAA mode, install HQP, and tell it to use the NAA. Then add HQP as a network output in Roons audio setup.

HQP settings on the other hand, and the various filters etc, I find about as perplexing as it comes. They're all controlled from HQP which makes it a bit harder to experiment. Roon points to some nice starter docs for HQP settings too. The developer could have made the gui far more intuitive and helpful, but it doesn't seem to put off the die-hards, who swear the NAA - even when in pass through mode and doing no upsampling - is better than RoonReady. I didn't hear it myself. But then I didn't find much difference in all the filters in my setup.

Most people that love it have DACs that can take high rates like DSD256/512, which seem to be its strong point, and those people say the results are amazing, even with little DACs like the ifi.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Jul-2016, 09:34)tategoi Wrote:
(23-Jul-2016, 06:02)Saunter Wrote: Hello,

Sorry if this is obvious or the information is somewhere else but i can't find it.

I am on Roon trial and am pretty sure i want to subscribe.  However, i will be getting a purposed Windows laptop for music but not before my trial ends.
Can i move it to my new laptop ? Or would i have to subscribe again ?

Thanks

You could move to a new laptop.

Thanks for that.. I feel safe subscribing now.
Danny (Roon founder) posted this on their forum. Perhaps some kindly DC members could offer help?

Quote:dannyDanny DulaiRoon Labs: COO
I'd like to work on a control interface where an Expert line Devialet box hooked up via USB to a Mac/PC/RPi, and Roon will magically control the Expert's volume and power via its RS232 connection.

I'm thinking Roon -> USB -> Serial -> Expert RS232, but I can't figure out the wacky serial->3.5mm cable!

Build one and send it to me and I'll make sure you get to help test with a pre-release build (PM me for address)

or....

show me where to buy one and I'll buy it and thank you Confusedlight_smile:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/need-he...nity/12891

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Wow, they've got quite a few RoonReady partners listed now (plus Naim recently announced).

Pressure mounting on Devialet by the day....

(15-Oct-2016, 12:05)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Wow, they've got quite a few RoonReady partners listed now (plus Naim recently announced).

I have a friend who have a Trinnov and they just recently said that they are going to support Roon and it would take a couple of weeks to fix it.....If Devialet cant or dont want to support Roon in the new streamerboard I really think it is a big loss for us who uses Roon. If Trinnov who are French can fix it so can Devialet.

I would really like to se Roon support in the Dialog to run Phantoms from it also.....Roon VS. Spark 1-0. I have used my Phantom for a week now and I can only say that Spark or something in the process of using the Spark to control the playback is far from flawless......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(15-Oct-2016, 12:35)octaviars Wrote:
(15-Oct-2016, 12:05)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Wow, they've got quite a few RoonReady partners listed now (plus Naim recently announced).

I have a friend who have a Trinnov and they just recently said that they are going to support Roon and it would take a couple of weeks to fix it.....If Devialet cant or dont want to support Roon in the new streamerboard I really think it is a big loss for us who uses Roon. If Trinnov who are French can fix it so can Devialet.

I would really like to se Roon support in the Dialog to run Phantoms from it also.....Roon VS. Spark 1-0. I have used my Phantom for a week now and I can only say that Spark or something in the process of using the Spark to control the playback is far from flawless......

I think a couple of weeks might be pushing it based on the brands so far...

I remember Roon saying Devialet had said no to Phantom originally as they wanted Spark only. Maybe things could change. The Roon guys have at least an Expert as they were asking about RS232 control. What that means, if anything, who knows. We can but hope, I'm guessing not on the current hardware though. I also get the impression Devialet haven't been very good communicators about the whole thing... which is a shocker.

(15-Oct-2016, 13:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(15-Oct-2016, 12:35)octaviars Wrote:

I think a couple of weeks might be pushing it based on the brands so far...

I remember Roon saying Devialet had said no to Phantom originally as they wanted Spark only. Maybe things could change. The Roon guys have at least an Expert as they were asking about RS232 control. What that means, if anything, who knows. We can but hope, I'm guessing not on the current hardware though. I also get the impression Devialet haven't been very good communicators about the whole thing... which is a shocker.

This is only what Trinnov told my friend that it was officially announced that they would support Roon and it would take a couple of weeks to fix it. As Trinnov more or less is a computer I suppose it is not so hard to fix Roon for them.

I really do hope that Devialet tries out Roon and compare it to Spark as they will see that well some people are better than others at doing their stuff. I dont see the meaning of inventing the wheel all over again specially with the new streamerboard. Just add Roon and it will be a win win for Devialet, a great amp with a great control of the music playback. 

To me the whole deal with Devialet that they think they are the best at everything is a bit annoying. Clearly they are very good at many things but perhaps focus on the hardware and it's software and use a software for the control that someone else focus on like Roon.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree