Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving the Devialet on all the time?
(25-Apr-2015, 11:21)Axel Wrote:
(23-Apr-2015, 13:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

Hi Pim,

When leaving D on, do you have music playing through it to keep the DACs busy?

Al

Yes Al I do.

Our house is only small and my bedroom door is only a few meters away but when I'm home alone (missus doesn't like music while she's trying to sleep) I play all night through at a low volume. As I said, I'm not even sure whether it's the D or the Mac (or both) that makes the difference but it definitely is there.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - by Pim - 25-Apr-2015, 11:59