Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving the Devialet on all the time?
I was thinking of configuring my 120 (although I'm frightened of reconfiguring!) to not go into standby/shut down after a half an hour of inactivity. It doesn't seem like the Devialet uses a lot of power when not playing music. Anyway, does anyone run it all the time?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
That's what I was thinking -- off when I'm not using it daily. Thanks!

(23-Apr-2015, 12:49)AaronG Wrote: I was thinking of configuring my 120 (although I'm frightened of reconfiguring!) to not go into standby/shut down after a half an hour of inactivity. It doesn't seem like the Devialet uses a lot of power when not playing music. Anyway, does anyone run it all the time?

On my 250 (and D-Premier before that) I have disabled 'Sleep delay' and set the 'Low power delay' to max, i.e. 60 minutes. I disconnect the amp from power when I am away though. The amp never gets too warm, but I have mounted it on a wall (pic. here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...77#pid3377 ) I prefer to keep it on when I play music every day, but Devialet has done a good job reducing the warm-up time in the latest firmwares.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
This I must try.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks ogs, done and much improved.

(23-Apr-2015, 13:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

Hi Pim,

When leaving D on, do you have music playing through it to keep the DACs busy?

Al
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Apr-2015, 11:21)Axel Wrote:
(23-Apr-2015, 13:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

Hi Pim,

When leaving D on, do you have music playing through it to keep the DACs busy?

Al

Yes Al I do.

Our house is only small and my bedroom door is only a few meters away but when I'm home alone (missus doesn't like music while she's trying to sleep) I play all night through at a low volume. As I said, I'm not even sure whether it's the D or the Mac (or both) that makes the difference but it definitely is there.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thought I would give this a try as well. Created a new config file and disabled "low power delay" and "sleep delay" in the power settings.
So if I understand this thread correctly, using this configuration, the Devialet will be "on" all the time and it should make a difference/improve overall quality.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(03-May-2015, 02:25)Ants Wrote: Thought I would give this a try as well. Created a new config file and disabled "low power delay" and "sleep delay" in the power settings.
So if I understand this thread correctly, using this configuration, the Devialet will be "on" all the time and it should make a difference/improve overall quality.

I'm keeping mine playing music, not just leaving it on. I'm not sure if there's a difference with just leaving it on.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.